Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loading data

hello,

i got my new connection to eSignal data only access (to run with Mirus/Zen ordering).
    The connection works OK from what i have seen on this first day.
    But i cannot figure out downloading historical data beyond the FDAX 06-08 contract i ALREADY had saved from MirusZen.
    -FYI the first problem i see is that the Instrument Manager does not let me use a symbol lower than this 06-08 .....
    Also, i was assured by the eSignal sales representative that she could see FDAX historical data going back to start of 2007 when she checked on her charts....

Any help please

Steven

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The contract front months in NinjaTrader are based on the PC clock. You can choose contracts from earlier periods by changing the date on your PC and then opening NinjaTrader.

However, since you have eSignal they support continuous contracts which you can get the historical data by choosing the symbol FDAX ##-## rather than the specific front months. That ##-## option is an available front month within NinjaTrader.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I am still not having any luck.... maybe i should speak to esignal again and make sure that they actually do have intraday FDAX historical to 2007.

But if you have any further explanations... please suggest..

steven

Comment

Hello Steven,

If after confirming with eSignal intraday historical data then you can view the previous front months prior to 06-08 by changing the date on your system clock. If you right click on the clock in the bottom right please select adjust date/time and then in pop up please select Change date and time and then change your PC date to reflect an earlier date such as 11/27/08.

After doing this you will want to make sure that you connect to eSignal only when pulling up historical data for those earlier contracts.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,

well it turns out that the extended historical data feature is only for people who subscribe to the latest version of eSignal... and it is not allowed for 'data only servie' (which is only 120 days intraday data)

I tried your other method of changing the clock, it worked OK. Thank you. (this only worked when i was connected to Mirus/Zen-Fire.. not eSignal)

Cheers
          Steven

Comment

I have gathered old contract periods like you have suggested - by changing the pc clock date, and this worked ok. But when i merge these particular old contracts (i.e. FDAX 03-07 to 06-08) , they do not merge more than 2 at any single time... and especially they do not merge into the current 12-09 (FYI: 12-09 was successfully merged back to 06-08 before the change of clock technique was introduced)

I have tried the merging process from scratch, but did not work / fix.
            The other option i have is to delete the information completely and start it over again...right???
            Cheers
            Steven

Comment

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that would be our suggestion for the next step.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
              8 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              10 responses
              0 likes