Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer not returning last historical bar indicator value

Hi,

I'm having a problem using the Market Analyzer to pick up the value of an indicator on the last bar of a historical bar set. I would like to scan and filter a set of stocks when the market is closed, to see if the first entry criteria (from an indicator) has been met.

- I'm using Yahoo daily historical bars
    - I have created an indicator which gives an output of 1 or -1 if a bar is in an identified demand or supply zone (or 0 if neither).
    - I've put 'Calculate on Bar Close' to false on both market analyzer and indicator. Using a chart, the indicator does now give an output for the last historical bar.

(I suspect that when the market is closed, Calculate on Bar Close is over-ridden to 'True'? In which case the Market Analyzer and Indicator would conflict?)

I'm sure I've missed a basic set-up somewhere - any ideas as to how I could solve this problem gratefully received, thanks!

Olly

Oh, I've also checked that the Number of Bars to Look Back (in Market Analyzer Properties dialogue box) is greater than the number of bars that the indicator uses (125 at present).

Comment

Hello ollywedgwood,

Does the Market Analyzer receive any real-time data for the instrument in question?

If not, unfortunately the indicator value will be calculated when a new bar is created.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i got this problem too (using yahoo eod) and yes i think a new bar must be created before any calculation can be done on this bar. But is there a way to insert a phantom bar, for example just create a bar with OHLC value as the previous day's close?

Comment

Hello,

This is the nature of delayed historcal (non-live) data which is all that is available from Yahoo. I suggest paying for one of these data providers here:
          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          2 responses