Data source Zen Fire and Tradestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data source Zen Fire and Tradestation

I use zen fire for my primary Ninja data source for futures. I have Tradestation also. Is it possible to have zen fire as my primary data source and Tradestation as a secondary for picking up data for stocks and indexs into Ninja with both running at the same time??
    Thanks
    Dean

Hello Dean,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The TradeStation feed connects through the External Data Feed. It is not possible to connect to additional connections when connected to the External Data Feed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is really sad that you can not figure out a way to make this work.

I have a multi-broker license, and it really ticks me off that I can not get any data from Tradestation (in a supported fashion). I don't even care about orders from Tradestation, and would be happy to just be able to get data via the external interface.

This has been brought up numerous times in these forums. People want a way to use a futures broker to execute trades, but then also use another feed like TradeStation to get data like $TICK etc. that is not provided by the futures feed.

Comment

Hello aslane,

You can use other supported data feed providers, such as eSignal, IQFeed and BarChart. You can connect to these data feeds in addition to your broker connection.

Since the TradeStation feed runs through the External Data Feed, it is not possible to connect to an additional connection to connect to your broker.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am aware I can use other feeds, the idea is that I already have a paid feed in TradeStation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888