Collapse

Altering the OHLC Chart Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea, is it possible to use 'Pen' or Pen2' as per Candlesticks to use the Pen.Width to set the 'length' of the O-C notches? I did actually code this but the 'Pen.Width' would always default back to '1'.

I also thought of using a properties input similar to NT8, if possible, for a user input to set a ratio or set 'length'???

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Sim22,

I'm not quite sure that I follow.

Are you trying to call the width of an existing Pen?

Are you trying to set the width of an existing Pen?

What code are you using to do this?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Sim22 View Post
        Okay, try this one.

The open-close are non-adjustable at this point. They appear as normal OHLC bars at regular spacing but when they are thicker/closer the Open-Close will shrink, which is what you want I believe.

Registered to custom7. Called "OHLC_One11".

I am working on a user adjustable input to change the open-close 'notches' width by using the Pen property, similar to 'wick' or 'outline' on the candlesticks. Haven't quite got there yet.

Just import the zip file as you would any other indicator. Restart NT7.
        Sim22,

Thank you, your fix works beautifully. I can squeeze a lot of fat, eye-friendly OHLC bars on the chart without the Close of one bar touching the Open of the next bar. No matter how closely I comfortably space the bars, they don't touch. This is exactly what I was looking for. I wish that NinjaTrader would incorporate something along these lines for its OHLC bars. I'm a big fan of NinjaTrader, but I think its OHLC bars could use some improvement.

Consider the two attached charts. I use fairly thick bars because I follow them closely in a fairly short time frame. (I use a bar width of 8 because my screen has a fairly high resolution.) In NT's standard OHLC chart, I can only get 54 bars in the chart at this width without the Close of one bar touching the Open of the following bar. Using Sim22's fix, I can get 77 bars in the chart, which is more than a 40% increase in the number of bars on the chart. This is huge. In fact, I can squeeze them some more for an increase in bar count to over 50%, but a ~40% increase is more than enough for my purposes. I really think this is something that the good folks at NinjaTrader should consider implementing.

Sim22, thank you again for you help.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by One11; 03-08-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post zstheorist  
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rehmans