Walk Forward Out of Memory Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk Forward Out of Memory Message

I'm trying to learn the components of system development and testing within NT. I'm able to backtest and optimize without problem. In trying a walk through of the same strategy I had been backtesting and optimizing I encountered a "System Out of Memory" error. I chose to continue instead of quit, but it seems that the walk forward test would no longer run. I've attached the text associated with the error message below and frankly it doesn't mean much to mem, but the out of memory message seems straight forward. I was testing a simple crossover strategy with a profit target, stop limit, and trailing stop. I loaded historical data from Mirus Futures running a 610 Tic chart from April 2, 07 to May 30, 07. I assume the Walk Forward splits that time period into two equal ones for optimization and walk forward testing but it isn't clear to me where those controls are, if they exist at all. I have 2 GB memory on board a 1.5 yr old Dell Desktop. Do I need to add more memory and will that reduce/eliminate this problem or is there some other method I could use to prevent this? Hope this question isn't too dumb and if it is please point me to the appropriate references to learn more about this issue.
    Attached Files

We recently fixed a memory issue by a custom build. Please:
    - uninstall NT6 via control panel
    - install custom build from here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/n...er.Install.msi

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post George21