Workspaces not saving strategies when reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces not saving strategies when reloading

I'm not sure if this is b/c I am using a demo account but currently, if I set up a few strategies and save them in a workspace so I can start running them in real time simulation to get ready to move over from TS, when I restart and reload said workspace they are all gone...

Its quite a hassle to have to manually retype all those various params and reload each strategy, so I hope there is something obvious I am missing (like its restricted b/c its a demo).

Thanks for any help.

Hello SIFTrader,

Unfortunately this is as expected behavior in NinjaTrader 6.5; you cannot save the Strategy parameters.

However, this will be improved in NinjaTrader 7 as per the following link.

Persistence between sessions
    Strategies will now be maintained between NinjaTrader shutdown and restart. On restart, you can multi-select strategies in the Control Center Strategies grid and enable all strategies to run in a single click. You can disable, change parameters and re-enable a strategy. You can now also save a set of parameters as default. You no longer have to re-add strategies every time you restart NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, but that certainly brings my migration from TS to a screeching halt.

I am suprised that this 'feature' (aka basic functionality for any software program) didn't get added until version 7...I'm not sure how NT planned to compete with TS without it.

Anyway, I'm glad it will be fixed.

Is there anyway that the beta list for NT7 will be re-opened anytime soon? I was planning to purchase this week but I will hold off until NT 7 beta or final, as there is no way I could move over without this.

Thanks

Comment

Hello SIFTrader,

Thank you for your reply.

The beta is currently closed (as you are aware), but please check the following link periodically as this could change: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great, thanks for the link and I will watch for the unrestricted public beta it mentions will be coming.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DynamicTest  
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh