NinjaTrader and Win2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader and Win2003?

I currently use Windows 2000, I was told NT would only run on WinXP or higher. I'd like to know if it'll run on Windows 2003? And I'm curious why it won't run on Windows 2000, is there a specific program that doesn't come with Win2000 that might be installed to get it to run there? John

John, even thought Windows 2000 is not officially supported, it should work from the feedback we got - please ensure you run the .NET framework 2.0 as minimum (check also for MDAC 2.8) to operate NT in this environment.

Same comments would go for Windows 2003 - officially not supported by us...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for letting me know...I can confirm that NinjaTrader is now working normally on my Win2000 computer, wish I had known this a year ago when I first decided to try NT. Can you help me with one item I can't figure out in the charting module...I brought up a chart of a stock (using TDAmeritrade data) and I have a 3 minute chart showing one day of data only (on the screen). I can scroll back and see other days but I can't see how to compress the data so I can see 10 days of this data on one screen. Other programs I use (Tradestation, Quotetracker) have very quick and easy ways to do this, using icons, or using the + and - keys(Quotetracker). How does Ninjatrader accomplish this, it's just not obvious enough for me to figure it oiut. John

Comment

Hello,

Please review this link:

You can do this by left clicking and holding below the horizontal or to the right of the vertical axis and dragging your mouse.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That works...it's a bit tricky to accomplish the compression, but it works. I hope someday NT will consider adding 2 icons to make it easier to do the same thing (one icon to compress the bars, one icon to decompress). I've been trying to set up some charts and there's one more thing I need to ask about. I find the charts very unattractive and I think the reason is the size and shape of the candlesticks. First, I've tried widening the candlesticks by changing the bar width. But once you go above size 1, the candlesticks start overlapping each other and that is actually worse. Is there a setting that will prevent this overlapping effect. Second, I've tried changing the color and thickness of the candlestick "legs"(upper and lower), but they aren't adjustable by themselves. The adjustment is for the candlestick outline and when you change the outline color, the color bleeds into the candlestick body and changes the body color. Try setting the candlestick outline to white (I use black or dark gray for chart background). The lime green candlestick body turns into a pasty light green. Making the outline thicker doesn't help because it becomes too thick quickly. I would probably chose to make the "legs" thinner and lighter in color than the outline, or even skip the outline. I'm a visual person and I love to look at attractive charts. So please don't be put off by my criticism/suggestion, as I'm guessing the programmers might not agree with me. I can send you a sample Quotetracker chart if you'd like to see the difference. My Tradestation 2000i isn't hooked up to a data feed, so I can't send you a chart from there, but I like those just as much as the Quotetracker ones. I appreciate all your help, hope I'm not overloading you with questions. John

Comment

Hello,

I will send this to our development team for consideration. Thanks!
            You also may want to check out what will be in NT7 here:
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Comment

Great...the reason I mentioned the visual aspect was that I read a long(and impressive) list of new features for NT7, and saw no mention of the visual part such as the width of candlesticks. I hope your development team will be interested in this.

Comment

Hello,

OK, sounds good. The development team has your suggestion!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post KenneGaray  
                Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes