Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM position management

Hi guys

I can't for the life of me figure out how to split a stop order into multiple stops on an ATM. There are two scenarios, one where the ATM is set up with 2 targets and the stops for each of the targets are at the same level so that as the trade triggers both contracts are on the same flag (not sure what you call it, position indicator or something). If at a later stage in the trade I decide i wanted to trail one of the contracts i can't figure out how to split the flag into two flags. I see when quantities are adjusted the flags auto adjust which is cool but there doesn't seem to be a way or at least a way that I can find to split a flag that contains multiple contracts into more than one.

A similar scenario is when you drop one flag onto the level of another flag the system automatically merges them together to form 1 flag with 2 contracts. Again this is great but if I want to subsequently split them apart to manage the stops individually at a later stage I can't figure out how to.

I'm using the ATM trading templates direct from the chart.

Cheers for the help.
    Ross

Hi Ross,

Thank you for your post.

The best way to split these orders would be to bring up the Orders tab of the Control Center.
    In the orders tab, select the order you wish to move. On the right side of the menu, move the order 1 tick/pip at a time using the + and - buttons.

Once the orders have been separated from one another, you could return to your order entry window to continue order modification normally.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent, just what I was after. Thanks for the help.

Ross

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes