Creating Groups of Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Groups of Chart

Is there a way to combine a set of charts into one group which can be expanded with a single click?

I typically use 4-5 different charts for the same instrument and 3-4 instruments at a time. I know how to link chart windows to the same instrument. However changing the instrument results in loss of all the plotted indicator information. So I have to keep all the charts for all the instruments active.

It becomes hard to manage 20 different charts. OTOH if I could combine the charts into smaller groups, toggling between different instruments would be a breeze.

The ability to load multiple workspaces at the same time, will also solve the problem, as will allowing nested workspaces (workspaces within a large workspace).

Also is it possible that the icon shown for different charts in the MS-WINDOWS tool-bar group for NT also have the color it is linked too? This will allow for easier navigation when charts for the same instrument are in multiple color groups. Right now I have to iterate through the charts to find the right one if they have the same instrument/bar-type.

Thanks
    -Vikram

Hello aviat72,

Thank you for your post.

For the setup you are describing you would need to setup multiple workspaces and toggle between them. To toggle between open workspace please use Shift+F3.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Managing Workspaces.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Do confirm that the indicators on the inactive workspaces will continue to update themselves as long as the workspace is open.

Also if I have a strategy running on a chart in the inactive workspace, will the orders generated continue to be placed?

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Yes, when the charts are open in the background the indicators will continue updating as well as strategies you have applied.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses