Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtthwbrnd View Post
    Thanks Dave,

I just checked it in 32-bit. Same problem for me.

I uninstalled NT7 b14 before installing b15 - so it should not be due to leftovers from b14 either.
    When uninstalling NinjaTrader 7.0.0.14 did you delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder, delete cache and restart prior to installing 7.0.0.15?
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      When uninstalling NinjaTrader 7.0.0.14 did you delete the NinjaTrader 7 folder, delete cache and restart prior to installing 7.0.0.15?

Hi Christopher,

I did not do those things.

To clarify, do you mean I should do the following steps:

1. Uninstall NT7
      2. Delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7
      3. Restart my computer

I am unsure as to which folder(s) you mean. Should I also delete the "C:\Users\mtthwbrnd\Documents\NinjaTrader 7" folder? i don't want ot do that because it contains my programs.

I know it is a pain, but could you please send the list list of steps that you want me to do and I will do them exactly in the order specified asap.

Thanks,
      Matthew.

Comment

For a clean installation of NinjaTrader 7 please use the steps I have provided below. You may first create a backup by going to File-->Utilities-->Backup in order to retain your settings, charts, workspaces, etc.
        • Next Close all running applications.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        • Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents. Do NOT delete the NinjaTrader Backup folder.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download NT 7 from the link below:
          Download
        Please test to see if the issue persists. If the issue has been resolved please Restore NinjaTrader by going to File-->Utiliities-->Restore.

Comment

To Matthew:
          I did not uninstall NT7 b14 first. So I have old settings carried over.
          For example here are some differences on my settings (probably previous changes suggested by NT staff) Margin=1, Margin/Unit=1000

To NT:
          I agree with Matthew that publishing formulas would be useful. Or at least describe what effect parameters have. Some of the parameters dont seem to have any obvious effect.
          For Example: The Currency property for Instrument type=Currency always seems to be Dollar even if the instrument is say EURCHF.
          Help http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ease_notes.htm only says "The currency the instrument trades in". But I doubt that is true for EURCHF. Here there should be a formula or note to show what effect changing this might have.

Comment

For a clean installation of NinjaTrader 7 please use the steps I have provided below. You may first create a backup by going to File-->Utilities-->Backup in order to retain your settings, charts, workspaces, etc.
            • Next Close all running applications.
            • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
            • Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents. Do NOT delete the NinjaTrader Backup folder.
            • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
            • Reboot your machine.
            • Once these steps are completed, download NT 7 from the link below:
              Download

Please test to see if the issue persists. If the issue has been resolved please Restore NinjaTrader by going to File-->Utiliities-->Restore.

Thanks Christopher,

I did all of that but the problem persists. With the default settings (which has initial account size = 100,000) I have a realized PnL of 7.11 resulting in a Buying Power of 1,622,520 a cash value of 811,260 and an Excess Equity of 1,622,520

Can you, pretty please, just post the formula and/or parameters which are used to calculate the values and we will be able to get to the bottom of this issue, which has now dragged on for weeks, very quickly.

Thanks,
            Matthew.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have this formula however I will speak to development to see if they can provide some information on this subject.

Comment

Matthew,

Your post #44 seems to show your NT connected to Barchart.com not Market Replay.
                So perhaps the problem persists when using Barchart.com (I dont use this), but is fixed for Market Replay (at least if source info was from IB)?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveE View Post
                  Matthew,

Your post #44 seems to show your NT connected to Barchart.com not Market Replay.
                  So perhaps the problem persists when using Barchart.com (I dont use this), but is fixed for Market Replay (at least if source info was from IB)?

That could be the case, but I only have the barchart.com connection (and the free Gain connection) to test on. I don't have an IB connection yet. I have never used Market Replay.

In any event, paper trading should not explode the account like this regardless of the provider.

I am looking forward to seeing the formula, hopefully that will resolve this issue straight away.

Thanks,
                  Matthew.

Comment

We have been able to reproduce this on our end with multiple connections and are looking into a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

We have been able to reproduce this on our end with multiple connections and are looking into a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.
                      Thanks Christopher,

Do you have any estimates as to how long it will be until the fix is released?

Cheers,
                      Matthew.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

This will be fixed in the next Beta release, NinjaTrader 7.0.0.16 and again thank you very much for working with us on this issue.

Comment

Work-around?

Matthew,

Until beta 16 comes out, you might be able to avoid the problem by using Market Replay.
                          See my post #16 here http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...929#post162929 for an example sequence. I'm assuming any problem with the formulas used on Barchart.com connection are resolved when data is collected into Market Replay running on beta 15.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post dustydbayer  
                          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes