Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Richard:

Thank you for replying.

You would have to contact the company or developer of the 3rd Party indicators and request thier assistance in disabling these alert sounds.
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is often not possible to get 3rd party suppliers to modify their indicators/alerts. What I am requesting is a universal on/off switch built into NT.

Comment

Hello Richard,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To the NT developement team :

Its been since aug 2007 - which is about 1.5 years since the adjustable sound issue was addressed. Is there anyway to speed up the process or at least get an ETA or situation report on this issue?
          Seems like there is probably a whole lot of people out there that dont like the fact that there is not options for different sounds and /or levels. What will it take to get a fire lit under the youre feet?
          I say this with no sarcasm or anger - just seems very unprofessional and I would think you wouldnt want that type of image.
          Thanks,
          gdavi68

Comment

I take back the time it was first brought up - I saw a post where someone had brought it up in Jan of 2005. Thats 4 years and 2 FULL months!!
            Seems like bring sugestions to the management team means very little.
            gdavi68

Comment

Hi gdavi68:

if you move to Vista you will have volume control on an application level, that fixes the issue.

If you want/need to stay in XP here's a fix that worked for me when I was on XP:
              - make a working copy of the sound files in some place you like, e.g.
              C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\MySounds
              - take any audio editor capable of editing wav files to adjust the volume levels to whatever you like
              - copy the files to the ninja sounds directory, overwriting the files
              or make a batch file that automates the copy job so in case a new ninja install overwrites the modified sound files:
              create a file like "MyOwnNinjaSounds.bat":
              copy /y "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\MySounds" "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\Sounds"

Good luck
              tb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
              2 responses