IB - OCOs and Bracket Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB - OCOs and Bracket Orders

I was talking with IB customer service about Advanced Orders and the rep said NinjaTrader Bracket Orders are not stored on the IB server like the stops and limit orders. Is this true? Are OCOs and Trailing stops stored on the IB server when placed through NinjaTrader?

I want to know if my connection goes down overnight are my ocos and trailing stops still active on the IB server? Also, I know this is not a NinjaTrader question but I would just like to hear NT's side because I don't always trust the responses I get from IB, if I have a zen-fire market data feed but I don't have the IB Market data feed, will i still be able to place trades with IB through ninjatrader using the zen-fire feed?
    Last edited by cipher4d; 12-07-2009, 10:48 AM.

Hello cipher4d,

Thank you for your post.

In the case of Interactive Brokers:
    Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on IB's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
    OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle for the quick response. Do you know if NT Trailing Stops are stored on the exchange server? I would test it out but I don't have a copy of NT that will work with IB. I am considering the multibroker license but I need some more information about IB and NT functionality. I revised my last post with the question below, I don't think u got a chance to see it.

Originally posted by cipher4d View Post
      Also, I know this is not a NinjaTrader question but I would just like to hear NT's side because I don't always trust the responses I get from IB, if I have a zen-fire market data feed but I don't have the IB Market data feed, will i still be able to place trades with IB through ninjatrader using the zen-fire feed?

Comment

Hi cipher4d,

Thank you for your reply.

The stop strategies reside only on your local PC. So, if that PC goes down auto-trail/auto-breakeven/simulated stops will not function.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes