Estimated Position In Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estimated Position In Queue

Is there any way to access an EPIQ ( Estimated Position In Queue ) in NinjaTrader ?

Hello wenzi,

Unfortunately this is not supported.

I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This would be incredibly valuable to me as a scalper. How far away I am from being filled vs. how many working orders are behind me can make or break an entry for me.
      It seems like it would be extremely simple to code. All the information is already there.

There are only two features right now that make me want X-Trader over Ninja. 1) Cumulative volume in the DOM & 2) Estimated position in queue. Their exorbitant price is their biggest weakness. With some improvements to the DOM, NT7 could easily become a better value product than TT.
      Last edited by rangerdoc; 12-23-2009, 11:20 AM.

Comment

We do support market depth in our SuperDOM providing it is supported by the data feed you connect to in NinjaTrader as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by rangerdoc View Post
          This would be incredibly valuable to me as a scalper. How far away I am from being filled vs. how many working orders are behind me can make or break an entry for me.
          It seems like it would be extremely simple to code. All the information is already there.

There are only two features right now that make me want X-Trader over Ninja. 1) Cumulative volume in the DOM & 2) Estimated position in queue. Their exorbitant price is their biggest weakness. With some improvements to the DOM, NT7 could easily become a better value product than TT.
          Would also support these two points, VERY handy for me to know these as I've experience using both NT and X-Trader. Just having cumulative tape prints in DOM alone would help me immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            We do support market depth in our SuperDOM providing it is supported by the data feed you connect to in NinjaTrader as well.
            http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...Overview7.html
            Thanks for the response, but that's not what we're talking about..
            Let's say that I bid 5 at 1000 and the DOM indicates that it's currently 500 bid at 1000. That means I need 505 offers to trade at 1000 before I get filled. As the offers come in, I have no idea how far I am from being filled because new bids are constantly coming in. The DOM may still show 500 bid at 1000 when I get filled if 500 additional bids have come in after I placed my order.
            Ninja Trader could simply display a cumulative countdown of the contracts traded since I placed my order to show an estimate of how close I am to getting filled.
            If this still isn't clear, take a look at the EPIQ (Estimated Position In Queue) feature of X_Trader.

Comment

Hi rangerdoc,

Thank you for your reply and the clarification.

I will forward this on to my development team for further consideration.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

9 year later: which is the current situation about the EPIQ or PIQ, please?

CME deployed MBO (market by order) in June 2017.

Comment

No changes will be made to NinjaTrader 7 other than critical updates. All developmental efforts are focused on NinjaTrader 8.

An 'APQ' (Average Position in Queue) column can be added to the NinjaTrader 8 SuperDOM. Here is an example:

What's New in NinjaTrader 8

If you have any specific questions about this feature in NinjaTrader 8, please create a new forum post in the appropriate NinjaTrader 8 forum, contact us via our website, or send us an email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielSanMartin