IB TWS auto log off driving me nuts with strategy autotrader in NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whirl:

1) IB servers reset 3 times per night ... each server at a different time, TWS doesn't shutdown but the connection goes down in NinjaTrader, this might need to be taken into consideration if the markets your trade are active overnight
    2) IB wants us to restart TWS daily to minimize the impact of memory leaks & other latent errors, I have not experienced any issue in over 3 years running TWS from Sunday evening to Friday evening w/o interrupt, but I see the point of restarting TWS every week.
    3) For similar reason, it is good practice to restart Windows every week.
    4) Windows has updates (which 99.9% require a restart of the computer) every month.
    5) Once in a while, you'll be forced into upgrading TWS or NinjaTrader (or both)

Not to mention, that every-time your computer loses Internet connectivity, your NinjaTrader has missing real-time data, that might drive erroneous trading decisions.

I have several systems that run 24/7 ... I do manage the open position & open orders using status-files, that the strategies write OnTermination() & read OnStartUp(), so that they know what they are starting from (note that this requires the open-orders to be cancelled OnTermination, & reestablished once the strategy is restarted).

If you you don't want to code this stuff yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you (for a fee, of course, but I would be starting from my own code base, that's a lot of time saved right there).

You can contact me via email: [email protected] or through my website www.dom993trading.com

Cheers
    Dominique

Comment

Why dose ninja trader use TWS at all when there is IB gateway. It seems way more light weight than TWS.

Let me ask you guys about the the automatic shut downs. I am currently having a problem with Ninja trader showing a trade at completely the wrong time it showing both execution of the position and the stop at the exact same time 8 hours latter than it actually happened. Could this be an effect of a automatic shut down making the ATM disappear?? Then ninja trader some how resurrecting said trade?? Could you guys describe the problems the shut down created for you??

I am also looking to do some swing trading on ninja trader and I have lost faith in the program because the first live trade did exactly what I described above. I also remember ninja trader making the disconnection sound at some point?

you can see me pulling my hair out with one of ninja traders tech support guys in this thread. Funny thing is I hardly care about the log in problems a this point.

Are any of you using the security key. I like it because I am trading off my phone at times and we all know how insecure that can be but it may screw with Ninja once I have ATM running full time.
      Last edited by Plutus'sfavor; 03-27-2014, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post GLFX005
      by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
      2 responses