Understanding backup data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding backup data feed

I would like to understand how a backup data feed works.

If I make a connection with primary feed (broker A) and specify a backup data feed for it (broker B),

then primary feed connection is lost, so it would then switch immediately to backup feed, right?

now, once primary feed is working again, will it automatically switch back to the primary feed from the backup feed?

if it works some other way, please explain... thanks

btw. is Backup Data Feed new in 6.5? I couldn't find anything about it by searching the 6 pdf manual...

btw2. where can I find 6.5 PDF Manual for ninjatrader?

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Yes, however you will need to be connected to both connections in initially.

If NinjaTrader is able to re-connect automatically, it will restore the first connection.

In addition, you can find a .pdf file at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello NinjaCustomer,

Yes, however you will need to be connected to both connections in initially.
      I do not quite understand this part... if I set up an Account Connection (let's say called MyConnection) and specify a backup feed, then once I connect to MyConnection won't it do everything automatically?

or are you saying I have to connect to MyConnection and then manually connect to the connection I wish to use as backup?

Comment

Yes, unfortunately you will need to be connected to the backup data feed as well.

Comment

so just to be clear... do I also have to specify backup data feed in the account definition of the primary feed?

or can I just open any feed first and then any feed 2nd and the 2nd feed will always act like a backup data feed?

Comment

Yes, the second feed will act as backup feed, even if it is not selected as backup feed in the primary connection, when you connect secondly to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Yes, the second feed will act as backup feed, even if it is not selected as backup feed in the primary connection, when you connect secondly to it.
              I use Ninja 8 and my brokerage account is with NT Brokerage Dorman. Can I drop my Rithmic data supplied by NT Brokerage and go exclusively with IQFeed to route orders to Dorman?

Comment

Hello oldporkchops,

IQFeed is a data feed provider only and is not able to connect to any supported brokerage account.

NinjaTrader 8 gives you the ability to integrate real-time and historical data from multiple data providers on the basis of instrument type. So you have a few different options when connecting to a data provider and your broker:
                1. You can receive all market data from your data provider and still execute trades to your broker.
                2. You can receive live data from your broker and historical data from your data provider.
                3. You can also tailor your connections to receive data for certain instrument types from your broker, and other instrument types from your data provider.

You can find more information about configuring multiple data connections at the following link under the section titled “Determining which data source is being used”:
                Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes