sticky charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sticky charts

I've noticed my charts often get stuck on one price even if I change the update interval to '0' it still sticks and then flat lines and then eventually catches up. Any idea why this happens?
    Thanks

Hello pistolpete,

It seems price remains on the same level for that time period. Consequently price bars are reflected as 'stripes', since price did not change.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,
      The price is changing. If it wasn't changing I wouldn't have asked why my chart wasn't moving.
      I trade FAS, it moves around a lot. My chart will be stuck on 71.15 when the live data shows 71.45 and so on. 15 minutes later it will then stop flat lining and catch up to the chart. Do you know why that is and how I can change it?
      Thanks

Comment

sticky chart

Here is the stuck chart jpeg
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello pistolpete,

I see, do you see price change if you select the FAS in the Control Center or any other NinjaTrader window?

Can you please tell me what data feed provider do you connect to in NinjaTrader?

Are there any consistencies when this occurs?

Comment

I use IB as my data provider and when I look up a quote with the control center it gives me a good quote.

Comment

Hello pistolpete,

I suggest to reduce data/resource request of NinjaTrader and check if it will make a difference.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.

Check if the issue persists when using a setup that requires less data and calculations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes