Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPE Exchange with Esignal historical data

Hello,

I am trading with AMP Futures and Trading Technologies. For the Russel Mini 2000 they use IPE to get the data in the Exchange field of instrument editor for trading. Apparently IPE does not provide historical data. I am connected to Esignal and normally in this case Esignal would automatically load up the historical data but it doesn't seem to be the case when trading Russell Mini 2000. I have already subscribed to the required data feeds necessary for Esignal to run the Russell Mini 2000. What can I do to be able to load up that data on the chart? I need to have the historical data run on the same chart I trade on because i need 7 days of data for the script to run properly. Thanks for your help

Hello djrobroe,

Thank you for your post.

Connection order in this instance is important. To get the historical data from eSignal you will want to connect to eSignal first and then create a chart. Please see the following link for more information.

Now, if you want to use the broker provided connection for real time data you will want to connect to that connection first, and then eSignal.

Also, once you connect to eSignal once for historical data that will be stored in the database.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hello djrobroe,

Thank you for your post.

Connection order in this instance is important. To get the historical data from eSignal you will want to connect to eSignal first and then create a chart. Please see the following link for more information.

Now, if you want to use the broker provided connection for real time data you will want to connect to that connection first, and then eSignal.

Also, once you connect to eSignal once for historical data that will be stored in the database.
      Hey Ryan my issue that I'm realizing now is that Esignal is not pulling historical data at all for TF 03-10 instrument. What can I do about that? what needs to be done in order for it to recognize it and pull that data?

Comment

Hello djrobroe,

Can you please disconnect from eSignal and then reset your instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Also, please make sure that you are on the most current version of NinjaTrader, which you can download from the following link.

Comment

Hey Ryan

I have the newest version and I reset the instruments. I got esignal to run and be able to get the data on the charts. but for Trading Technologies through AMP Futures to access their feed and trade live I need to be on the IBE exchange. How can I go about getting them both on one chart because I've been trying everything and it doesn't seem to be working. Is there any way to add both exchanges on one instrument?

Comment

Hello djrobroe,

I was testing this issue and to get the data for both TT and eSignal please set up the TF contract as pictured in the screenshots. Since both eSignal and TT use the same defined exchange you should be able to use the same instrument for both connections.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
              Hello djrobroe,

I was testing this issue and to get the data for both TT and eSignal please set up the TF contract as pictured in the screenshots. Since both eSignal and TT use the same defined exchange you should be able to use the same instrument for both connections.
              Ryan thats where I'm having the issue because after I've set it up that way and done all that it doesn't load up the historical data from Esignal when set up that way. And when I try to "Reload historical data" to try to get it to come up it says "Error on loading chart data for 'TF 03-10 IPE': NinjaTrader server does not support this instrument, no data available" . Please advise. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please make sure that you have the most current version of NinjaTrader, which is available from the following link.

Also, can you please uninstall and reinstall the eSignal application from the following link.
                Everything you need, all in one place: charts that change the game, better backtesting & scanning, and reliable real-time data

Once you do all that can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager. Search for the TF contract and then highlight and hit the delete button.

Then please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Once reset please go to the Instrument Manager and please reformat the TF contract. The last thing you will need to do is add the newly edited TF contract to the instrument list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes