Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toggling sim and live

hi,

i know if i have the setting to start up in real mode, i can go to simulation mode by ticking "global simulation mode" under the file tab. But then if I want to go back to live, i can't just click off global simulation mode; it stays in sim mode even if it global simulation mode is unchecked. I would like to know how to toggle between live and simulation so that I can use my strategies more as signals with buy and sell and the line connecting to them, but when i see a signal in my strategy that i would like to execute, how do i go back to live mode to then manually enter in the trade. Or if i'm in sim mode and then i just want my strategies to go live for a while, how do i go from sim mode to live mode. Do i have to disconnect and reconnect?
    Perhaps there is also a way in the strategy to signal buy and sell with the line connecting them in such a way that looks like it would when live, but doesn't really place the trade. This way i can keep in live mode, and when i want a signal, i'll load that strategy, and when i like that trade signal and want to enter live, i can do it manually because I am all this time in live mode. And when i want the strategy to execute live orders, I'll load the regular strategy that enters and exits trades (as programmed in the wizard with order management.)
    So, is there a quick way to toggle live and sim modes while connected, and also is there a way to program in the wizard an enter long and exit long command that will draw buy and sell and the line connecting them but not actually buy and sell?

Thank you very much.

werido,

You can turn it off while connected or not. After you turn off global sim mode all you have to do is change your strategy to run on whichever account you want. If you select Sim101, that is paper trading. If you select your brokerage account, that is live trading.

For strategies already running, that means stopping them and making them start with the correct account. Just because you ticked off global sim mode does not disable the functionality of Sim101 which is what you were using before.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, thanks, i see now how to appoint on which account the strategy should work, sim or live. but is there any global way to get back to live from sim mode, because once i am in sim mode (even if i connected in live and then went to sim mode) i can't seem to go back to live mode without disconnecting and reonnecting which will definately get me back to live mode (if i have it checked to start in live mode under options tab)

Comment

ok, thanks, i think i got it. when i tick off global sim mode i now see that i have the option in the strategy in the chart and in the orders window to apply commands to live or sim. thanks a lot

Comment

Glad you got it working.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort