Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal & continuous EUREX future contracts

Hi!

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to get a continuous EUREX future contract data (FDAX for example) from esignal? How to create this contract in the NinjaTrader Data Manager?

eSignal provides Continuous Contracts (#F symbols) for the US-based futures contracts only: http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display...aid=1412&link=

thx a lot

- you can create continuous contracts in NT by selecting '##-##' in the expiry box of the instrument manager.
    - pulling continuous contract data from eSignal should work
    - link you posted is dead

Comment

Hi Dierk,

I have a working FDAX 2007-06 future contract symbol with data from eSignal. When I open a daily chart of 365 days I get data starting from 2006-09-19 (less then 365 days, but is ok for the single contract).

So I select Tools / Instrument Manager - and add the FDAX Symbol with Expiry ##-## to my default list.

When I open this symbol in a chart with the same settings mentioned above (daily, 365 days), nothing is displayed in the chart.

Did I get something wrong?

The link is workring in my FireFox but not in my IE, cache maybe. You can find the Information using http://kb.esignalcentral.com then "Quotes and Data" in the tree on the left and "eSignal - Continuous Contract Symbols (Using #F)".
      eSignal posts "#F symbols are available for US-based futures contracts only". So I guess I will not get any continues no-US contracts following the method you described.

Any other idea?

Comment

Which symbol name have you selected in eSignal as you open a chart?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Which symbol name have you selected in eSignal as you open a chart?
          ??? I am not sure if I am getting you right.
          I do not use eSignal. I only use the eSignal Data Manager.
          In the NT6 Instrument Manager I have one FDAX Future underlying, which uses the AX|DT under Misc / Symbol Map / eSignal.
          Based on this one underlying I create two entrys in my default list with different expiries:
          a) FDAX 06-07 => I get data
          b) FDAX ##-## => I do not get data

Problem 2:
          By the way, when I try to open a chart using FDAX 03-07, I do not get a chart, allthough the data is my local database (I used this contract until expiry) => I cannot merge data

Comment

1) Can you try ES ##-##, do you get any chart data?
            2) Can you try Tools > Historical Data > Export, select FDAX 03-07, export data for the month of February, does this work?
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              1) Can you try ES ##-##, do you get any chart data?
              2) Can you try Tools > Historical Data > Export, select FDAX 03-07, export data for the month of February, does this work?
              1) I do not have a subscription for ES.
              2) 01/01/2007 to 03/01/2007 of FDAX 03-07 with tick or day data => "No histrical data found." I did not expexted this. Maybe this is because I used the NT6 beta in March and my database was killed on installing the final version? It stays the same when I try to reload the historical data.

Comment

1) OK
                2) Then for sure the data does not exist in your database, likely due to a new data base.

Please send an email to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post. We will provide further instructions.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Result: No continuous European future data from eSignal

At this time it is not possible to get continuous future contract data or expired future contract data for European / EUREX futures from eSignal as a data provider. It looks like this is available for US traded future contracts only.

If somebody knows a data provider that offers historical European future data (continuous or expired), I would be happy if you would let me know. I am especially looking for FDAX ticks, prior to 2007.
                  Thx,
                  Nathamus

Comment

Hello,
                    I received answer from eSignal, that continuous symbol is possible.
                    Example for FDAX (DAX Futures) is AX 1!-DT.
                    I tried to add this symbol to NT, but with no success.
                    And also FDAX ##-## does not work for me.
                    Is it possible to use this continuous symbol in NT?
                    Thank you for your help...

Comment

We are in touch with eSignal support to clarify. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathamus View Post
                        At this time it is not possible to get continuous future contract data or expired future contract data for European / EUREX futures from eSignal as a data provider. It looks like this is available for US traded future contracts only.

If somebody knows a data provider that offers historical European future data (continuous or expired), I would be happy if you would let me know. I am especially looking for FDAX ticks, prior to 2007.
                        Thx,
                        Nathamus
                        You can use visualchart.com. It is free for EOD and you can export the continues contract and import it to NT.

I have tried this and it works.

Cheers

Comment

I've got official reply from eSignal that continuous contract below is not supported at their API. Please contact eSignal for details.

Comment

i have a workaround / solution to solve this problem.

if you want to use continuous contract symbols (like R 1!-EIR) on non-usa exchanges using e-signal + NT, you can run your strategy in e-signal on the R 1!-EIR continuous chart (chart 1), and then record and write your market position in chart 1 and other order details to a file using the file object in e-signal (so when your computer gets switched off over the weekend, your computer will remember your current order details on monday morning), then put your market position in e-signal on chart 1 in a global variable, and then set up another chart (chart 2) in e-signal on an individual contract month like R U8, and then read in the market position from the Global Variable, and make sure that chart 1 and chart 2 are in synch at all times (ie same market position). then also make sure broker account is in synch with chart 2 by using NTMarketPosition command. So you can auto trade using E-signal + NT on non-US exchanges like Aussie bonds, Canadian bonds, Korean Bonds, Aussie stockmarket futures, etc. I hope that this solution can help someone else that wishes to use NinjaTrader and E-signal as data feed (And e-signal as auto robot strategy signal generater via using EFS javascripts). This solution has helped me to diversify and trade as many markets as possible, including markets traded on non-USA exchanges like the EuroNext LIFFE exchange, and others, etc.

Good trading !

Regards

Rodney "Rocket"

Comment

News about Eurex continuous contracts

Hello,

is there any possibility to get continiuous data from eurex displayed in NT?
                              i use GB 1!-DT or AX 1!-DT. Or an workaround? Or will it be possible with the NT7?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mongo
                              by Mongo

Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
                              0 responses