Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price alert to email

hello
    Do NT have option to set price alert and when the prices came to this price it will send you an e mail (not just sound)?

Hello esam_jir,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

What you describe is possible, but custom programming would be required. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I would like to do that too in NT7, the link doesnt work anymore,

I could go to "edit ninjascript", find PriceAlert and open the code window.

Once there i am lost. Is there any quick tuto for dummies on how to add the email option in there ?
      Or eventually, do you have any tip for an alternative solution to get the same result ? (when PriceAlert gets hit, an email is sent)

A similar question by the way, PriceAlert is a horizontal line, is there a way to have it as trendline/ray ?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hello CharlesAmd,

Thank you for the post.

You can find an example of the syntax used for sending emails here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...htsub=sendmail

You could incorporate the syntax example from the help guide into the indicator of your choice in its conditions. This does require that you configure an email account in the Tools -> Options menu of NinjaTrader.

Regarding changing the object, yes that is also possible but would require editing the overall logic of the indicator. As for the expired link, I will see if someone from sales support can update that.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse,
          I saw earlier the link you sent, i just dont know what i should do with all that intel, not having coded anything before.

I need something more decomposed, a step by step for dummies thing.

Here i dont know if i should copy/paste something from the sendmail link in PriceAlert, or if sendmail is another indicator which is created.
          You are dealing with a level zero (if not minus somthing) in coding guy.
          thank you

Comment

Hello CharlesAmd,

Thank you for the reply.

In this case, I would suggest reviewing some of the existing indicators and also our educational information if you would like to start learning how to code NinjaScript. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._resources.htm

Our support is generally unable to provide step by step guides to edit specific indicators. In this case, the change you want to make would likely just be to append the SendMail syntax below the line in the file where it currently has Alert(....) or line 107.

The general approach of using the help guide sample would be to copy and paste the syntax from the help guide into the location where you want the email to be sent. You would also need to modify the syntax in the SendMail to reflect the email you want and other information you want to send.

If you are trying to edit a system indicator such as PriceAlert, you would also need to make a copy of it by Right clicking in the script and choose Save As. Then you could edit the copy.

Comment

Thank you Jesse,

- line 107 seemed good, i pasted more/less exactly the syntax as below,

// Generates an email message
              SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "email subjet", "go back see the whats going on");

- when PA was hit, the log of ControlCenter said "the mail couldnt be sent, go setup in tool/options/misc" (i had only the "mail alert message to" entered)

- i did that and after some failed attemps I could make the "test" work,

entering (with outlook setup following the link below) 'Mail setup (leave blank for default)' + 'Mail alert message to'
              Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

Still, when PriceAlert is hit i do not recieve emails
              then i also have changed support@ for myownemail@ in the SendMail syntax, like that :

// Generates an email message
              SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "email subjet", "go back see the whats going on");

and it still doesnt work. Test in options/misc works fine though...

would you have any other genius idea where the problem is from ? i couldnt find a solution in the forum.

thanks

Comment

Hello CharlesAmd,

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to confirm, are you currently running the script in realtime or using any other testing mode? The send mail function will only work in realtime going forward so if you are using any other mode that may explain why the test would succeed and the script would not.

Comment

i am using NT continuum free live data, demo mode
                  Last edited by CharlesAmd; 08-21-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

To confirm, because you need to make a duplicate of this stock indicator, have you made sure that you removed the stock indicator from the chart and have applied the custom version?

I tried this on my end and can see the email is sent when the price is triggered for the alert. I was able to use the Simulated Data Feed to trend the market to trigger the alert for testing, I do see the email can be sent from that test in case you want to test this after market hours. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm

Comment

Hey Jesse, thank you
                      It just worked on simulated datafeed right now.
                      I do think having removed the initial version of PriceAlert for the customized one, and yes following your instructions i did saved the new one with another name.
                      It looks like it is working then... i'll soon let you know if it doesnt on live demo.
                      Thanks, you've been a great help
                      keep up the good work !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post usazencort  
                      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM