Cannot move stop to current price in Static SuperDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot move stop to current price in Static SuperDOM

I am using the Static SuperDOM with an ATM Strategy. When I manually try to move my stop to the current price (highlighted in yellow) I get an error message and I have to click on several messages to exit. I then have to either click on "Close" or move my stop below the current price for shorts, or above the current price for longs.

The dome does not work this way in SIM. I am able to move my stop right on the current price to exit a trade. How can I make this work when trading live?

Thanks

Hello,

So you are trying to close out of the order by moving the order on the other side of the market and you would rather have it close out when you move it to at the market? If so, this has to do with the liquidity of the market at that price. If the current price does not have someone on the other side of the order it will not be filled. There is nothing we can do about it. The sim fills because its simulated market fillage, which may or may not be like the market conditions at that time.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

Comment

Hi Ben,

After reading your reply again I think I may have stated the problem incorrectly by mentioning longs or shorts. I'm not really trying to move to the other side of the market. Basically, if a trade is working against me I am trying to exit the trade by moving my stop to the current price (highlighted in yellow) in the dome rather than using the Close button which causes some slippage. Shouldn't the stop work when I move it up or down to the current price?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Stops are usually limit orders by default in NT so the market must remain at or breech your new stop price. If it does not, the order will not fill. This is likely the issue for you. Just move the stop past the current price and you will be fine.
          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes