Ninja Trader cost me $600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader cost me $600

I had untransmitted market orders in IB. Connected to Ninja Trader and they were all transmitted. Netting me $600 in spread and commission.

Why would your system transmit/execute trades without me telling it to?

I may post a video of this happening on YouTube to let everyone know the danger of this occuring.

Matt
    Last edited by qtmspin; 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM.

Someone will follow up shortly.

Comment

Hello Matt:

NinjaTrader has never sent unsolicted orders so we would need to review your log and trace files to understand what transpired. Please send your log and trace files for the day this occurred by following the instructions below to attach them to an email. Send the email to supportatninjatraderdotcom and put "for John" in the subject. Please include a write up of exactly what you were doing leading up to the orders being sent and be as specific as possible including time stamps. We will quickly review this information and follow-up with you again.

Sincerely,

John

Please provide me with your most current log and trace files.

You will find the log file at the following folder path: C:\...>My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log
      The file is named 'log.YYYYMMDD.txt'

You will find the trace file at this folder path: C:\...>My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace
      The file is named 'trace.YYYYMMDD.txt'

Comment

Here is that video I promised...

Ninja Trader submitting unsolicited orders upon connection. Costing me $600 in comission and spread in 10 seconds.

Be sure to maximize the video to full screen with icon on bottom right of video.

Last edited by qtmspin; 12-28-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for providing that video. This helped us reproducing the issue. We sent a priority support request to IB tech support in order to understand why TWS would activate/send "parked" orders as a 3rd part application just would connect.

Note: NinjaTrader did NOT send nor activate nor touch the "parked" order at all.

We'll keep you posted. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Comment

1. I find it unprofessional that NinjaTrader sent me an email stating that they "considered this matter closed" before you were able to reproduce the error.

2. You blamed IB before you were able to reproduce the error.

3. The fact that you were unaware of this 'issue' ie BUG.

" Thanks for bringing that to our attention. "

Hey guys, no problem... let me know next time you want me to waste $600 in spreads and commissions finding 'issues' in your software that your unaware of.

Lets review, not using Ninja Trader, no error, orders are not transmitted. Using Ninja Trader, unsolicited orders are transmitted - costing me $600 in fees.

When are you going to take credit for that?

Even if it is IB's fault. If you can not make a trading platform that will react predictably with their API then you should not connect it to IB.

It doesn't matter if it's IB's API that is at fault or Ninja Trader. You take responsibility for the product you release.

And I take responsibility for using Ninja Trader as a trading platform. Which I will never do again. I am thankful that this happened now, and not later. I could have lost my entire account under certain circumstances.
            Last edited by qtmspin; 12-29-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I believe John our VB of sales is in touch with you. He'll follow up.

Comment

2 weeks later and no follow up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                0 responses