Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart > 1 year?

Hello

I've got a little problem. My broker / data feed is Interactive Brokers. Although I can look there on a 5 year chart of the DJIA, the chart in NT only goes up to October 2007. Is there any possibility to look further in the past with NT?

Regards,

Sepp

Hello Sepp,

Thank you for the post.

Can you please right click on the chart and then Format the Data Series. Then choose a start and ending date. If you wish to receive real-time data you will want to make sure the ending date is today. Please let me know if after formatting the data series you are able to receive data farther back than 2007.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I took start date Dec 2005 and end date today. The chart runs only up to Oct. '07.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please go to the log tab of the Control Center and see if there are any errors indicating a denial of historical data request, or please wait 10 minutes message when charting.

Also can you clarify if you are using yearly, daily or monthly bars when creating the chart.

Also, what version of NinjaTrader and IB's TWS are you using, which you can find by going to Help-->About within each program.

Comment

In the log panel there is no message at all.

I'm using daily bar charts.

My NT version is 6.5.1000.14.
          My TWS version is
          Build 899.7, Nov 4, 2009 11:18:53 AM
          Jolt Build 1.1.1, Aug 21, 2009 03:34:43 PM
          Nia Build 1.5.3, Oct 2, 2009 12:05:58 PM
          ModelNav Build 1.1.23, Jun 3, 2009 12:59:46 PM.

I hope this can help you. Otherwise let me know.

Regards,

Sepp

Comment

Hi Sepp,

Thank you for the information.

First off can you please upgrade to the most current version of IB's TWS, which is 900.6. You can download from the following link.

Additionally, using the most up-to-date supported versions of NinjaTrader and TWS I receive historical data for the DJIA from IB back the same length as you mentioned.

And when I try to receive data for time periods prior to where the chart ends I am not receiving data, so although the data is available in TWS that data is not being provided through the data feed into NinjaTrader.

Comment

So I assume, this can't be changed? Could you check, if this is the same with other brokers/data feeds?

And for feedback: it would be highly useful to change this, since data > 2 years it quite essential when backtesting strategies based on daily charts.

Regards,

Sepp

Comment

Hi Sepp,

I tested the historical data from other providers, such as eSignal and IQFeed and I was able to receive historical data back as far as I requested which was 2003.

So NinjaTrader is capable of displaying the data. I also tested with Yahoo which is a free daily historical data provider. If you create an account connection to Yahoo you can view a DJIA chart farther back than what is provided to NinjaTrader by IB.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance.
                Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM