Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display PnL Confusing...

HI Support...

First of all let me wish you all Merry Christmas and would like to convey my warm wishes for the year to come.

Recently I had been facing a lot of issues and therefore I am so active on this Support Forum now. I have switched over from Currency Futures to Mini Currency Trading to allow room for my Money Management Concept.

Kindly refer to the 2 screenshots attached. I have sold 1 mini-lot of EURUSD (1 pip = 1 USD) at 1.4338'3 as can be seen. To achieve this I had placed a Limit Order at this price and got a fill as the Bid Price cross this value. Now if I am looking at the PnF values, it is telling me some other story. This happens quiet a lot of time. Basically I am not building on my confidence while trading currency pairs now. I believe Currency Futures was much much better with no confusions like this. These are some of the issues that is stopping me from going LIVE as I do not see a consistency in chart display. Kindly assist me for these things and let me know what I am looking at and what I should understand from that.

Thanks for your reply,
    Regards,
    Yusuf SHAIKH
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fy260498; 12-23-2009, 11:23 AM.

Hello Yusuf,

Thank you, we at NinjaTrader wish you a Merry Christmas as well.

Can you please reboot your PC and check if the PnL display issue persists. I am not sure why a negative PnL is reflected in one of the screenshots.

Do you have any commissions setup in NinjaTrader?

Did you submit any additional entry orders for this position? Meaning the entry order at 1.4338'3 was to scale into an existing position.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will check on that...

Jason,

Thanks for you reply.
      You know what, I will try to understand how orders are executed by taking few more trades and then will analyze them together. I am still not sure what the reason maybe. I have no commission structure setup for this and this was the only trade I have taken to test the price execution, no scaling.

But don't worry. I will collect data from my end and will study those to see what happens, or maybe tomorrow morning everything will be fine once again, you know my history of problems, everything settled the next day - hahahaha

Cheers and thanks for your reply,
      Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

Sounds good, I will await your investigation after you collected more data and go from there.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post proptrade13  
        Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
        1 response