optimization/backtesting questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optimization/backtesting questions.

When backtesting how do you add symbols to backtest? Also,why is it that whenever I try to backtest a stock with my strategy most of the time it says there was no rads generated. To check if this was correct i manually checked my strategy on charts and many trades should have been generated.
    Last edited by iwun1; 12-26-2009, 09:19 AM.

Hello,

When backtesting how do you add symbols to backtest?
    >>Add a symbol to your default list in the instrument manager and it should show up in your default list:

Also,why is it that whenever I try to backtest a stock with my strategy most of the time it says there was no rads generated. To check if this was correct i manually checked my strategy on charts and many trades should have been generated.
    >>I assume you mean "trades" and not "rads". I do not know. There is something wrong your strategy logic that you must sort out. I recommend testing individual parts of you trading criteria to see if each part is working.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To help rule out that i'm backtesting using the SampleMA strategy and many stocks were backtested but most werent. It seems to take an abnormal amount of time to "retrieve data for (Security)" which leads me to think that it may be something wrong with the data feed?
      Last edited by iwun1; 12-26-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I don't know. What data feed are you using and how much historical data are you calling for the instrument? How long is "abnormal"? I can test it on my test connection and compare. Alternatively you could send us an email via help>mail to support, reference this thread link, and provide us with your connection information so we can test your personal connection to see. Or you can have your provider do it for you.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM