Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader with MB Trading...

Hi Support,

This holiday, I had been doing my research with various Forex Brokers with direct ECN and best spreads (no mark-ups). I have checked MB Trading and was happy to find that they were listed on your broker's list. I was testing their Demo connection. However, I have come across one issue here. I am not able to see PnL values on chart neither on the Control Panel as can be seen from the attached image.

Your help in this regards is highly appreciated.
    Also tell me if it is same and will be reflected on both ends whether I place order from Ninja Chart Trader or from MBT Navigator?

Thanks as I await your reply,
    Yusuf SHAIKH
    Attached Files

Yusuf, are you using 'tenthPip' as 'quote currencies in' setting in NinjaTrader under Tools > Options > Misc?

A position size of 1 on MBT would be literally 1 unit, so too less to produce a meaningful PnL, please retry with the correct Pip setting and a qty of for example 0.1 M - a regular 100K sized lot.

Yes, if you execute to an MBT account (not our Sim101 one) orders are mimiced and thus you could for example enter an order in MBT which would then show up in NT.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for that

Hi...

Thanks for your reply. I actually realized that lately as I can see PnF shown clearly in terms of pips. So I am OK wiht that.

Kindly help me in one more issue. I am used to trading ES and 6E. Just wanted to try Forex mini trades to have effective Money Management. I am planning to test MB Trading as my broker. What difference will it make in terms of trading as regards to placing orders with ATM strategy, changing, cancelling orders, moving TP and SL etc. Also I may not use MB Navigator to place any of my orders. Will it still be OK to trade as I am addicted to NT chart trading and don't want to switch to something new at this point in time. I will place all my oredr through NT Chart only. Will it still be the same as placing directly on MB Navigator. Kindly assist me keeping in mind that I had my hands on trading ES and 6E and that what differences am I going to face while trading Forex EURUSD with MB Trading in terms of NT functionality.

Thanks for your time and answer,

Best regards,
      Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

You can continue using NT ChartTrader to enter and manage your trades - please ensure you use the recommenden MBT Navigator version as per our guide -

Next, you would need to trade on MBT's realtime data in order to place trades (which means MBT needs to be your primary connection).

Finally on live MBT accounts you would need to enter your explicit desired unit qty on the order entry windows - 1000 for a microlot, 10000 for a mini and 100000 for a regular spot lot.

Comment

Thanks...

Bertrand,

Thanks for your reply. It was quiet handy.
          Yes, I have downloaded the same version of MB Navigator.
          Let me test the demo now on NT and if I have any further queries, I will come back to this forum.

Cheers,
          Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            You can continue using NT ChartTrader to enter and manage your trades - please ensure you use the recommenden MBT Navigator version as per our guide -

Next, you would need to trade on MBT's realtime data in order to place trades (which means MBT needs to be your primary connection).

Finally on live MBT accounts you would need to enter your explicit desired unit qty on the order entry windows - 1000 for a microlot, 10000 for a mini and 100000 for a regular spot lot.
            Good morning,

I have open a demo account on MBT.
            I configured my demo account and I also downloaded the MBT Navigator version.

But when an order is filled with Chart Trader in NT it is not recorded on my demo account. If I open the MBT Navigator there is no open position.

Should I do something specific to use the MBT demo account?

Thank you,
            Steven

Comment

Steven, are you using a live license key for your NinjaTrader? If not, then you would not be able to submit orders to the MBT demo account, but only to the internal Sim101 one.

If you use a live key, please ensure 'Global Sim Mode' under the File menu is unchecked and you selected the MBT demo account to execute to in the ChartTrader panel as you placed the order.

Comment

I am not using a live license key but I will

Thank you Bertrand for your answer,
                Regards,
                Steven

Comment

MBT Navigator and NT Chart Trader

I have just opened a demo account with MB Trading. It works fine but the MB Trading Navigator is a separate windw and does not integrate with the NT Chart Trader which makes it all very cumbersome.
                  Have read this and other posts and need a condensed set of instructions. For example, one post suggests turning off Global Simultion Mode - I can't because it is greyed out.
                  I just need to use NT Chart Trader (rasther than the separate MBT Navigator window) to trade my MB Trading demo account prior to opening a live account with MBT.

Thanks

Comment

eclipsed, this is unfortunately expected when using a simulation license key, you can't execute trades to any external account. even if it's a MBT demo / papertrade account.

Comment

Thanks for that. I presume this is the same for any demo account and that the built in chart trader in NT is just for me to try things?

If/when I get a live account with MBT will I then be able to use the NT chart trader on screen?

Comment

Correct, on a simulation license you can use any feature but are limited to sending orders to the internal Sim101 account for your testing, with a live license you can access external accounts then as well, for example the MBT live account would be selectable in ChartTrader directly so you can execute to it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes