Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I automate this ?

Can I automate this?

Hi, I'm wondering if NT 6.5 or the new NT 7 can do the following: I'd like to create a NinjaScript strategy that graphs a ratio chart of 2 stocks (ie. Stock 1 divided by Stock 2), and also below it (in a sub-graph) graphs another indicator based on some calculations of the first ratio chart. Then based on the results of these calculations, enter a pair trade to my broker (Interactive Brokers, preferably a "combo" order - long one stock, short the other). After that, the Ninjascript strategy monitors the trade and based on further calcs between Stock 1 and Stock 2, will then exit the trade.

Can this be done in an automated way? If not fully automated, then partially?

Thanks
    Shawn

Shawn, this is possible with NinjaTrader 7 as we support MultiSeries charting then allowing for example for the spread indicator to be created by accessing both series / bars objects in the code.

There's unfortunately no readymade method for the combo order you intend placing to IB, but by custom coding you could issue the needed orders of course and monitor them, too.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK thanks Bertrand. Can I download a copy of the beta please?

Thanks
      Shawn

Comment

Will we also be able to backtest multicurrency strategies?

Thanks

Comment

Shawn, thanks for the interest - please review this link for the next round of our beta phase, so you can drop us then a note to sales at ninjatrader dot com - thanks.

Jimmy - not sure I follow, you could backtest any currency in NinjaTrader, as well as MultiInstrument strategies executing orders on more than 1 symbol. In NinjaTrader 7 the Strategy Analyzer can also show a combined result of multiple strategies applied at once (optimizer can access this, too).

Comment

Hi Bertrand, in a related question: In NT Beta 7, is it possible to add a ratio of 2 stocks instead of a singular stock under the "Instrument" column of the Market Analyzer? If not, is there a workaround?
            I would like to be able - if possible - to monitor several hundred, or even thousands of these stock ratios in real-time.

Thanks
            Shawn

Comment

Shawn, unfortunately not in the instrument column as custom instrument, but you could add is as MultiSeries indicator for example for the base instrument you're working with in expressing the ratio.

Comment

OK Bertrand thanks. But it would be very tedious to try and add hundreds or thousands of stock ratios to the Market Analyzer in this way. Thanks anyway.

Shawn

Comment

Hi Bertrand, one additional question please. Let's say I develop such a strategy as I described in my original post in this thread (in NT7), and that my strategy entered a trade today. If I leave NT7 up and running, will it monitor my strategy automatically for me tomorrow and in the days to come... hands-free? Seems to me I read somewhere that at the beginning of each trading day, it is necessary to "re-start" a strategy in order it for to continue monitoring a position. Is this true? If so, that is not too good.

Thanks
                  Shawn

Comment

Shawn, that would depend on the connected broker and if they require a daily reset of their servers - most do.

However in NT7 we introduced strategy persistence features thus the setup strategy is saved with its settings and can be reenabled with a single mouse click to continue to work for you.

Persistence between sessions
                    Strategies will now be maintained between NinjaTrader shutdown and restart. On restart, you can multi-select strategies in the Control Center Strategies grid and enable all strategies to run in a single click. You can disable, change parameters and re-enable a strategy. You can now also save a set of parameters as default. You no longer have to re-add strategies every time you restart NinjaTrader.

Comment

Ah thanks Bertrand, this is good. Yes, I use Interactive Brokers and they do restart their servers daily.

Thanks
                      Shawn

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Mindset
                      by Mindset

Started by Mindset, Yesterday, 02:04 AM