How to remove an indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello sandman,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files again and check if they contain any errors. Subsequently check if the indicators re-appear once all NinjaScript files are error-free.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shawn.

I did as you laid out, using NT's EMA indicator.

However, when I want to get into the second part of your instructions and right click the ensuing selection does not include "Compile". See attached.

Should I just uninstall NT7 and install a brandnew version?

sandman
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to schedule a support call with you today. Please send a note support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Shawn' in the subject line and the following information:
        • A phone number where you can be reached
        • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone)
        • Launch our remote support application from the following link, http://www.ninjatrader.com/remotesupport. Once launched, the application will provide you with an ID# and password. I will need these from you once I have you on the phone.

Comment

How do you delete scripts if you don't have the full license version with Ninjascripts editor?

Comment

Hello ssavaso,

Thanks for your post.

You could use a simulation key temporarily. Then you can re-enter your live key once you have finished.

To use a temporary simulation key. Please copy the license key provided below and paste it under the Control Center> Help> License Key

@SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Please ensure that you have restarted NinjaTrader for the changes to be applied.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post dustydbayer  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            0 responses