Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Time Candles

Hi,

I have just recently started to use NinjaTrader. I did a search but could not find an answer to this question. I am using a 1 minute chart time frame. How come the Candles on the charts do not display in real time? By this I mean you see the black price flag moving up and down as the stock price changes yet the Candle only prints after the minute is up? I find this a little visually confusing as the last chart software I was using has real time candles that shrink and grow as the stock price moves. Is this something that can be setup or is it just not available in NinjaTrader?

Thanks.

Hello zimminy,

Thank you for your post.

The bar should be built during the time interval. Do you currently have an arrow in the upper right hand corner of your chart as referenced in the screen shot below? If so please left mouse click on the arrow and let me know if the issue persists.
    Attached Files
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No Christopher, that's not the problem i am seeing. I know that when the arrow is up in the corner it means I have advanced the chart backwards so it is showing the chart history and not the live action.

My issue is the current live price is not moving as a candle or bar, all I see is the little black price flag that does move in real, dynamic time as the stock price changes. The very latest candle that shows on the chart is not moving, it is from the minute before. The bar is not being built during the 1 minute time interval. Only once the minute is up.

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
        • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        • Select the "Misc" tab
        • Press the "Repair DB" button
        • Press the "OK" button

If the issue persists please close all your open workspaces by going to the Control Panel-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace

After you have closed all workspaces please create a new workspace by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace

Within the new workspace please open a new chart with no template or indicators applied and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Hi,

I tried the suggestions you gave me, they did not work but they did steer me in the right direction. I found out that the issue was because I was using my candlestick charts with the Heiken Ashi indicator. I was using that indicator to try to smooth out some of the choppiness in some charts. When I have the indicator turned on, the candles/bars do not update in real time. When I turn that indicator off, they do.

Is there any way around this problem? If not, could that indicator be fixed where it smooths out the older candles but keeps the real time candle as a regular non Heiken Ashi candle?

Comment

This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Ok, thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses