Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMT Order direct from the chart

Hi Everybody.

I'm using the free version of NT 6.5.1000.14 with a simulation account and I have the following problems:

For example:

I'm long with x contracts of ES at 1121 and place a Sell LMT x Order directly on the chart using the right button of mouse at 1122.25.

On several times, the price is hitting the line of the LMT order (1122.25) and the order is not triggered, then the price is reversed and I have to close the order manually in 1122 for example.

Another issue that occurs me is, for example I'm seeing a PnL for 1.25 and I close the trade at the price with this profits, and the trade close in 1.00.

This is normal? Why this occurs? Is by the simulation account or by the free version of NT? This will also happen with a live account with live license of NT?

What is Direct Edition of NT?

Thanks for advance.

¡HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR ALL!

Hi Frederico,

Thank you for your post.

Referring to your question about the price touching your LMT order and not filling...
    This is a possibility with electronic trading. When you have an order submitted, you are put in a virtual line, or queue, if the price touches the LMT and reverses, it is possible that you and other orders behind yours will not get filled before the reverse.

Please see the following link on the Risks of Electronic Trading.

The PnL in shown in the SuperDOM while a trade is active is unrealized, therefore, it is possible that by the time you exit the trade, the price had dropped and is no longer where it is just moments before.

Direct Edition Licenses enables you to trade your live account without having to purchase a Live Edition License. The trade off for this ability is the loss of certain features of the NinjaTrader application. One is the ATM strategies, and another is Market Replay. Please let me know if that is something you would be interested in.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by agclub, Yesterday, 08:57 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post agclub
    by agclub

Started by cre8able, 04-17-2024, 04:16 PM
    6 responses