Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persist Chart Drawings between sessions in NJ 6.5

Hi;
    I am new to NJ and really liked the tool very much. As I was learning the NJ 6.5 I came across and issue. Hopefully the pros here in the forum will be able to help me here.

The issue I am facing is; in the chart; i use the drawing feature to draw the support and resistance lines. Also I use the drawing features in NJ 6.5 like Channel lines and other aspects.

The issue now is if I close the session of NJ 6.5; the drawings in the chart is lost. All the indicators and available using the Template feature. But none of the drawings are saved.

Is there any way to save the drawings in the chart between sessions.

Any help is highly appreciated.

-- SKR

SKR, welcome to the forums - you would need to save the marked up charts in a workspace file to persist those drawn objects -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there;
      I tried the save workspace as you suggested and no luck. Seems like I may be doing something wrong.

Let me explain what I am doing and hopefully that will help you to understand the issue better.

1) Started a session of NJ. Connected to Yahoo EOD data. Also opened the Custom workspace I created for this.
      2) Created a new Chart using File -->New Chart.
      3) Got the Format Data Series window. Selected the necessary details. (Ticker: GOOG)
      4) Now the Weekly chart is visible. Drawn 2 horizontal lines.
      5) Dont have any option in the chart window to save. So went to control center and saved the current workspace.
      6) Existed NJ
      7) Restarted NJ for a new session.
      8) Connected to the Yahoo EOD DS.
      9) Selected my custom workspace.
      10) Opened the chart using File -->new Chart. (Note: I didnt see any option to open a saved chart.)
      11) Now the chart shows up; but there are not horizontal lines I drawn in the last session.

Hope you will be able to help me.

Thanks for the help.

-SKR

Comment

SKR, in NinjaTrader 6.5 this is not saved globally per symbol (NT 7 would allow doing this exactly - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html), so the draw would be saved to the chart saved in your workspaces file you saved before exiting NT.

Unfortunately they would not appear in a newly created chart for this symbol after restart -> this is expected behavior for NT 6.5

Thanks
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM