Collapse

IB Issue Euronext and IBIS stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am sorry. i dont have anything like this. and as far as i know it is not possible to choose any subscription with a paper account. i dont know what the problem is. but maybe with nt7 this is no problem anymore.

thannks for your help.

Comment

You're welcome, if you add a paper account at IB (imho possible for any live account holder) it would mirror the subscriptions you had already established for the live account. I can also offer to connect to your live account from my end to check into this for you, if you're interested please contact me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com.

Thanks
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by unitrade View Post
        [...]
        if i click on lin, man, sap a popup occurs. " you must specifiy the multiplier. (200). but thats the correct ib symbols. ???
        Same problem here with NT 7. How did you solve that?
        Attached Files

Comment

I have the following persisting problem with IB stocks on the Euronext exchange (the AEB exchange in NT). Of all the Dutch stocks which are part of the AEX index (the main index in the Netherlands with the most liquid blue chips), I can receive for only 30% of the stocks the historical & realtime data in NinjaTrader 7.

I've already contacted IB, but after sending them more information about this issue it has gone quiet. Off course I will recontact them, but I hope the problem can be solved with a little help from this forum.

Besides that, perhaps it is an NinjaTrader issue.

Here's what happens: if I try to load an Dutch stock in NinjaTrader, let's say TomTom, and I open up the chart in Ninjatrader, it gives the following error message:
          Code:
          Error on loading chart data for 'TOM2 Default': Historical Market Data Service error message:No market data permissions for IBIS STK.
          I find that quite odd, because I have data subscriptions for Euronext (among others), so that should not be a problem. If I try to load another Dutch stock, like Ahold, it load perfectly.

What I find quite puzzling is that these two groups of stocks (the ones that work and the ones that don't) have exactly the same instrument settings. Does anyone know the solution for this problem? Perhaps NinjaTrader has some difficulties with the SMART routing?

Any thoughts would be welcome

Regards,

Comment

Jos, that error comes directly from IB, so you would have to contact them to verify you can access historical data for those instruments. Can you bring up a chart of TomTom (TOM2) in IB's TWS without any errors? What about the other instruments that do and do not work - can you bring up a chart of those in TWS?
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
              Jos, that error comes directly from IB, so you would have to contact them to verify you can access historical data for those instruments. Can you bring up a chart of TomTom (TOM2) in IB's TWS without any errors? What about the other instruments that do and do not work - can you bring up a chart of those in TWS?
              Thanks for your quick reply Austin. Nope, I cannot bring up a chart of TOM2 in TWS; the price data is "delayed" instead of real-time. Also see the attached screenshot of TWS.

I've contacted IB's helpdesk again, so just have to wait for now. If I hear something from them that solves this problem, I'll post it here.

If some NinjaTrader users have had the same problem, let me know how you solved it.

Regards,
              Attached Files

Comment

Well, the problem is solved, well.. kind of.

To start with the good news, to receive the real-time data in TWS I had to choose "Directed" after entering a stock symbol, and thus disabling the SMART routing system. Please note that this option is hidden by default, in case you can't find it. Through this I was able to receive real-time data in TWS.

Besides this, I was also able to load an stock in NinjaTrader and receive real-time and historical data for it. However, the only way to make this work (for the stocks that didn't work in the first place), is to enable the correct exchange in the instruments manager (in this case AEB), choose that option in the instrument manager window, and then add this stock to the "Default" stock list.

Then, when in a chart, I can use this dropdown menu to change the chart I'm currently looking at to display the stock of my choice.

However, two big negatives about this way:
                - First of, changing the chart in any other way (for example, by typing the stock symbol followed by an enter) brings up the stock with the "Default" exchange, which gives the error message (see my earlier post for more about this message).
                - Adding all stocks (50 in total) to the Default list (with the Exchange for everyone manually set on AEB) is not doable when wanting to quickly scroll through various stocks.

How can I bypass this "Default" setting in the instrument manager? If I remove the check for "Default", it automatically jumps back when I hit "Ok".

To summarize: there seems to be an error or bug in NinjaTrader, in that with Default enabled the stock doesn't access the correct Exchange.

Please see the attached screenshots for more information,

Any help would be great,

Regards,
                Attached Files

Comment

Jos, you can specify which exchange to use when typing in the instrument by including the exchange after the instrument (separated by a space). So for your example, please try "REN AEB" or "TOM2 AEB", which should bring up the instrument with the correct exchange.

This method will also add the instrument to the instrument manager with the desired exchange, so if I typed "GLD ARCA" into a chart, it would create an instrument GLD with the exchange set to Arca.
                  AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
                    Jos, you can specify which exchange to use when typing in the instrument by including the exchange after the instrument (separated by a space). So for your example, please try "REN AEB" or "TOM2 AEB", which should bring up the instrument with the correct exchange.

This method will also add the instrument to the instrument manager with the desired exchange, so if I typed "GLD ARCA" into a chart, it would create an instrument GLD with the exchange set to Arca.
                    Wow thanks alot! I didn't know about that function. This makes it a much easier and quicker to work with. Thanks again.

Regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post mattbsea  
                    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes