Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple orders

Hi,

On the e-mini I currently have a long trade going for few days! Now I would like to place new trades just on daily basis ie. by placing long and short trade without affecting my current long trade. How can I do this?

Thanks
    Phil

Hello Psudan,

Thank you for your post.

You can use NinjaTrader to manage multiple virtual positions in the same market. This allows you to manage a long and short position in the same market simultaneously.
    Here is how this is accomplished:
    • Open 2 SuperDOMs and set them both to the same market
    • Right click in on of the SuperDOMs and select the menu "Properties"
    • Set the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' parameter to "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly"
    • Repeat the last two instructions on the second SuperDOM
    • Submit a buy order to open a long position in the first SuperDOM
    • Submit a sell order to open a short position in the second SuperDOM
    In addition to these instructions, I suggest reviewing the content available in our Online Help Guide specific to this topic.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,

Thanks for you reply, my long order was created without a strategy ie NONE. I have set the properties on the SuperDOM and now that I have 2 SDOM open I see my 2 long contracts in both. I saw in the manual that "None" will show all active orders, meaning if I go short for 2 contracts it will cancel my long. So I guess it means that I have to use a strategy ?

Cheers,
      Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your reply. I think that there may be some confusion here.

Any order you submit to the other side of the market would close your existing position. Keep in mind that this strategy allows you to manage virtual positions, not actual positions.

For example, you are currently long for 1.
        If you decided to go short for two with this strategy, your virtual position would be 2 short. However, in your account, one of those short orders would close your existing long position and the other would enter a short position, leaving your overall account position at 1 short.

For what you are looking for, you would need to use two separate accounts - one for the long position that you want to keep in play and another for the trades you want to place without effecting the existing position.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK got it. Thanks

Comment

Strategy Positions

Hi Kyle

I am looking a porting a strategy I have been using in MetaTrader, where I have two series. Series 1 maybe long while Series 2 maybe short the same instrument and timeframe, both series have indepent entry/exit signals.

Under NT, is it possible to replicate this?
            I thought it might be possible if I ran Series 1 on the primary bar, while adding a secondary bar for Series 2.

Thanks

Neal

Comment

Neal, welcome to our forums - you would have to use 2 independent NinjaScript strategies for this. Please also review this important link here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview36.html
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
              2 responses
              1 like
              Last Post BarzTrading  
              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes