Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is the purpose for format Instrument ##-##?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the purpose for format Instrument ##-##?

When I bring up a futures contract and scroll threw the contract months. If I scroll down to the bottom I see the option for ##-##. When I click on it it brings up that future chart for as far back as I have data for it.

Can someone explain what the purpose for this is. For example I'm able to pull up data for the 6E and ES for as far back as January and March of 09. But I'm not able to do this if I try to pull a chart with just the contract moths for those periods. Such as 03-09 and 06-09.

So My main qustion is what is this for? and if I pull up a chart such as the 6E and bring up the format data menu and ask for 500 days back on a minute chart and under Instrument use Future type, 6E ##-##. Is this correct data and can I trust it to be accurate for back testing?

jtrader1, this will depend on which datafeed you're using in combination with this symbol, as this is the continuous contract offering longer historical data for backtesting as individual contract months have been merged together.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kujista
    by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses