IQFEED slowness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFEED slowness

Hi, I just registered to IQFEED and it takes ages for loading the charts.
    I'm using about 11 charts and to load all of the will take a few hour. ( I suppose)
    Is that the actual speed or I did something wrong?

Hello ranpelta,

Thanks for your forum post.

Chart loading time is affected by a verity of factors, including computer specs, internet speed, amount of data being requested, number of indicators applied, etc. The following link list our Performance Tips.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/helpguide.html?PerformanceTips1

In addition, please make sure are using the most up to date version of NinjaTrader version 6.5.1000.14. You can find this information in Control Center->Help->About…

If you are using an older version please download and install the latest version below, the upgrade will keep all of your previous settings.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

Also, please make sure you are using the supported version of IQ Feed data manager version 6.5 which is available at the following link.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_IQFeed.htm

If you still are having issue with your IQ Feed connection after following the instructions above please send us a note to [email protected] , mention the forum post and we will be happy to assist you further.

Comment

ranpelta,

Unfortunately, there are issues with the NT implementation of the IQFeed API. Many users have been experiencing problems trying to use IQFeed with NT, regardless of the number of charts and/or their complexity. It could be due to the fact that NT hasn't updated the API in over a year. If you do a search in the forum you'll find more information.

Goog luck.
      Eyal

Comment

To clarify: NT has NO impact on how fast IQFeed would retrieve data from their servers. It's true though, that NT6.5 requires a version of the IQFeed software which is "aged". NT7 will come with the latest IQFeed API version.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          To clarify: NT has NO impact on how fast IQFeed would retrieve data from their servers. It's true though, that NT6.5 requires a version of the IQFeed software which is "aged". NT7 will comes with the latest IQFeed API version.
          NinjaTrader_Dierk,

Unfortunately, that is incorrect. As you are aware, I have tested for this extensively using multiple data feeds and multiple charting applications. This issue has also been reported by other users. The outdated API used in the current NT version may be the cause. At any rate, there is a clear problem with NT+IQFeed which does not exist in other feeds/charting apps combinations.

Regards,
          Eyal

Comment

Please reread my post below: NT has NO impact on how fast IQFeed would retrieve data from IQFeed servers.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              Please reread my post below: NT has NO impact on how fast IQFeed would retrieve data from IQFeed servers.

Thanks
              Yes, there is no impact on IQFeed client communication to its servers, or the modem router, or the network card etc. etc. however all this is irrelevant. The fact remains that NT is unable to retrieve and display data from IQFeed in an acceptable manner making the combination almost useless for actual use, which I suspect is what most of us here require and pay for.

I hope this clarifies my response above.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

TraderEyal - Does NT version 7 clear up this IQ Data Feed issue?

I am using the Data Feed with 6.5 NT too and it is very slow! (unaceptably so)

Comment

Why do we have to wait for NT version 7! can we get a patch that fixes this ASAP - time is money!

Comment

Originally posted by mefTrader View Post
                      TraderEyal - Does NT version 7 clear up this IQ Data Feed issue?

I am using the Data Feed with 6.5 NT too and it is very slow! (unaceptably so)
                      I don't really know. For two reasons:

1. NT7 is still in closed limited beta phase and not available to me.

2. I spent quite a bit of time, effort and money to test this combination. When I realized NT is either unable or unwilling to address this issue and resolve the problem I had no choice but to discontinue the IQFeed for NT subscription (I still keep it for another application - works great) and go with another feed instead.

I do hope this is resolved in NT7 and more importantly that NT has learned something from this experience of neglecting to update an API for such a long time.

Comment

IQFeed will be releasing a new API update on the short term future which as I understand, compresses the data up to 60% thus, it will be much faster.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                          IQFeed will be releasing a new API update on the short term future which as I understand, compresses the data up to 60% thus, it will be much faster.
                          IQFeed is already extremely fast and reliable. I've been using it every single day for the past 2 and half years. Similarly, NT+ZenFire have no data loading issues. So as I thought I explained quite clearly above, the issue lies with NT's implementation of the IQFeed API. Hopefully this deficiency in NT will be addressed, and responsibility taken for issues in the application, rather than rely on IQFeed's extra speed to cover this up.

Comment

What feed are you using as a matter of interest? I am trying to gain peoples experience with this

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                            9 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                            Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post George21