Right Side Margin will not save on Workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Side Margin will not save on Workspace

I have a workspace where I try to change the Default setting of Right side margin from 4 to 30 and as soon as I load another symbol it goes back to the 4.

Why is it not saving the setting?

Please advise

PEDRO

Hello Pedro,

Am I correct you open an additional chart and you expect the 'Right side margin' setting to be the same as the initial chart?

If so, this is not as expected.

If not, the setting should be saved if you switch instruments in the same chart. Please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed. You can check at Help-->About.

You could save a chart template to save the chart properties settings (including the right side margin). Load the template when you open up a new chart and it should use the settings you saved.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

What I am doing is changing settings on a Chart and then just going to instruments to change the symbol (not loading a new chart). As soon as I change symbol the right side margin returns to 4 (I had it at 35).

I have latest version 6.5.1000.14.

When I save the settings into a Template and try to load it on a new chart it still comes with Default Right Side margin of 4.

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Hello Pedro,

I cannot reproduce it on my end. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and create a brand new chart without a chart template.

Change the right side margin and select a different instrument in the chart. It should leave the right side margin as is.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Pedro,
          I was having the same problem a month ago with a 33 margin when I first saw this thread and I think the problem is in one of the indicators you are using.
          Bring up a chart with no indicators on it and see if you have the same problem.
          If the problem went away then it is one of your indicators causing this. Right click on the problem chart and select Indicators, then highlight each indicator one by one and see if any indicator calls for a side margin 4. If the information is hidden, you can delete one indicator at a time until the problem goes away.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aussugardefender  
          Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Nyman