• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

General Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Thoughts

Maybe I have not looked through the correct areas of this forum, but there are a few support issues I cannot find answers to and that seem very counterintuitive.

First, if you are going to offer "test" data feeds, there should at least be the option of a trial member choosing a data set that will do certain things, such as cycle up and down between a certain point range in a certain time frame. This lets the trial user enter orders and see if Ninja Trader performs according to their understanding. As your data feeds stand now, I see no way to use something like this to attempt to understand the in's and out's of order entry, stops, etc.

Second, I have not been able to find any instructions on how to move stops in a DOM window. With a program like ****** you can drag and drop the stops around. I see no way to do that in Ninja Trader, except by "tighten" and "widen" in the basic window.

Another issue: I want my P&L calculated against the bid if I am long and ask if I am short. I do not want it calculated against the last. Why is there no readily apparent way of choosing this?

I am having a hard time justifying the cost of this program agains what I feel is a pretty poor set of instructions and a really non-intuitive interface. But maybe I am just looking in the wrong places for the answers. Any info appreciated.

imported post

Please look in these locations for the information you want -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/doc_super..._Target_Orders

To change PL to be based off bid/ask please uncheck "Use last price for autotrail" under Tools-->Settings Manager, General Tab.

The datafeed is a pre-recorded simulated feed. We do not have a feed that behaves as you suggest. Will take it into consideration.

Ray

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Ray:

I have tried clicking in the middle column in the DOM window and it does not change anything. That is why I was trying to figure out what was wrong. I have tried both left and middle clicks. Neither changes anything as far as moving stops around.

As far as the data feed goes, I would hope you would consider attempting a "known pattern" simulated feed. This would really let people who are attempting to learn your system fine-tune their understanding of all of the options you offer.

Comment

imported post

Can you post an image of what the DOM looks like when you are trying to change the stop? I can't think of a reason of why it would not work for you.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Something must not have been right with the .35 installation because I just upgraded to the .37 installation and can move the stops and targets. The .37 must be a new version that was not available last week.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tgn55, Today, 08:57 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post tgn55
          by tgn55

Started by chartish, Today, 04:43 PM
          1 response
          0 likes