Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB special labeling message & stop loss orders

I traded CL today with an automated strategy and I noticed two things:

- my stops didn't work. I have one strategy going long with a sell stop and another going short with a buy stop. Is this why my stop loss didn't work? Does IB now allow this?

- I get a message from IB about "special labeling":

NOTIFICATION REGARDING SPECIAL LABELING

Please be aware that this account has traded a product(s) which is subject to special labeling on the Trader Workstation. The details of the relevant execution are reflected below. The last trading date for this contract will be in the calendar month prior to the month used in the contract description.

CLG0@NYMEX

For additional details on the special labeling used, please visit the relevant exchange website or the IB website at the link provided below.
    I have no idea what that's about but I haven't seen it before. Maybe it's totally unrelated to Ninjatrader.

Likely they did work but were showing up for another contract expiry, please see this thread here for more info on this - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=16341
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Likely they did work but were showing up for another contract expiry, please see this thread here for more info on this - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=16341
      Can you give me a resume of the thread? On the last page the conclusion was that Ninja doesn't work properly with TWS.

On the first page it seems he saw stop losses but not his position. for me it was the opposite, I see the position but not stops. Furthermore the stop loss did not work because I had to close it myself (at a greater loss).

If I have to run a specific version of TWS I will do so.

Comment

The resume is that IB changed the way the API reports the contract expiries thus positions for the energy futures would not be correctly reported by it for NT to display as expected - we're currently waiting on an updated API from their end to address this issue.

For your issue it would be best if you contacted us via Help > Mail to Support directly and included trace and log files for review.

Thanks

Comment

The resume is that IB changed the way the API reports the contract expiries thus positions for the energy futures would not be correctly reported by it for NT to display as expected - we're currently waiting on an updated API from their end to address this issue.

For your issue it would be best if you contacted us via Help > Mail to Support directly and included trace and log files for review.

Thanks
          Just to be clear, does this mean that if I use the TWS version you recommend, I will not have this problem? If so then I can do that and be OK.

Please confirm.

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately not as the issue is still pending for the time being.

Comment

Unfortunately not as the issue is still pending for the time being.
              Ok so to be perfectly clear, I should not trade CL with IB?

Comment

Correct as the position reporting could be off for the time being - we have added a workaround for this to NT 7 beta btw, details are found in the thread I referred you to.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post junkone
                by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM