Missing chart data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing chart data

Occasionally if I shut down in the afternoon before the end of the trading session the price data is missing the next time I start NT6. Is there a way to update the missing price info? Chart sessions are set from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This does not happen every day even though I routinely shut down around 2:30 PM.

Hello:

Thank you for your post.

1. Please ensure that you are connected to a datafeed provider that provides historical data. If not, you will have to remain connected in order to receive this data. More information on those datafeeds that offer historical data can be found here:

2. If your datafeed provides historical data and it is missing after the disconnect, please try the following:

From the NT Control Center, go to Tools > Historical data > Reload.

Regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray. I'm using Zen-Fire.

Earlier when I reloaded NT6 with the link you provided I lost the data for the YM from 8-12 on my chart. The ES loaded all price data for today however.

Comment

Hi:

Thank you for your reply.

There was an issue with the Zenfire servers not picking up certain data this morning and I think you are experiencing this issue.

Zenfire is reliable for both minute and tick historical data. However, when gaps in the data are present, it is never a bad option to have a backup connection to fill in the gaps.

One suggestion is opening an account at Open Tick. They offer free historical data that you can use for back up purposes, in case you cannot retrieve from your primary connection.

Instructions on how to connect NT to Open Tick can be found here:

Regards,
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again Ray! I'll definitely look into Open Tick.

Comment

I just got back from a vacation and saw the missing historical data for Zen-Fire this morning. Did Zen-Fire have a real time problem this morning with the Mini Dow or is it just a historical data issue for this morning? I hope that Zen-Fire doesn't have real time reliability problems because I switched to NT/ZF for speed and capability, but if ZF hangs me in trades or gives me spotty data and unreliable trades then I'm (and lots of other people) are hosed. I've seen CBOT have some major problems in the past, but I am curious about the ZF real time reliability. If ZF had problems with the data then what happened to the trades that people were trying to place? Thanks.

Comment

Also, do you have a link to the Zen-Fire people so that we don't have to bug you about ZF issues? thanks.

Comment

This was just an issue with the historical data server. There were no issues with Zen-Fire. Best contact your broker regarding any real-time data server issues.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the help. I feel a lot better. BTW, you guys sure seem to work long hours.

Comment

You are welcome. What? You think 16 hours a day including weekends is long?

It's not that long, maybe only 15 hours!
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes