No commissions calculated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No commissions calculated

I can't get NT to include commission in the calculation of "Account Performance" I already set the commission rate under the commission tab in option menu.

The commission rate works fine for stock and futures but doesn't work if the instrument is currencies.

I use IB to trade currencies and their commission is 0.2 basis points of the total amount in USD.
    Last edited by tjendra; 01-12-2010, 04:19 AM.

tjendra, how did you setup the currency commissions exactly? Do you have a screenshot you could attach? Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      tjendra, how did you setup the currency commissions exactly? Do you have a screenshot you could attach? Thanks
      Attached the screenshot. I set the commissions as $2 for every $10,000.
      U can see from the performance tab, the commissions are $0.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, is 'Apply Commissions to PnL' checked under Tools > Options > General?

Comment

Hmm, is 'Apply Commissions to PnL' checked under Tools > Options > General?
          It is not checked. I checked it and the PNL give me rubbish figures. Attached the screenshot. IB rates are 0.2 bps of the amount traded. Not sure if I set up the commissions correctly, if not how should I set it?
          Attached Files

Comment

Please set up a min. commission for each 100000 (standard FX lot) traded, just like for a futures contract.

Comment

Please set up a min. commission for each 100000 (standard FX lot) traded, just like for a futures contract.
              Isn't that what I did as shown in my previous screenshots? Not sure which part is wrong?

Comment

No your qty is too high, 1 lot would equal 100K, then enter the commission for a half turn, i.e. 1 unit and 5$, this would equal 10$ a roundturn on a standard 100K lot then.

Comment

No your qty is too high, 1 lot would equal 100K, then enter the commission for a half turn, i.e. 1 unit and 5$, this would equal 10$ a roundturn on a standard 100K lot then.
                  Sorry but I still don't quite get it. If 1 lot equal 100k and IB charge 0.2 bps of the traded amount. Would I have to set it to 2/1 as the commission/units? Or how should I set it exactly? Setting it to 2/1, the performance tab still doesn't show the commissions correctly.

Also, I am not sure how would NT differentiate between a USDJPY, EURUSD, or other currency pairs commission since the base currency would be different.

Also, I trade FX on the IB ECN, so there is no standard lot, I could trade 50k or 250k size, all they will charge is 0.2bps of the total amount as commissions in exchange for not marking up the quotes. Not sure if the concept is different from what you are thinking about since you keep talking in terms of standard 100k lots.
                  Last edited by tjendra; 01-14-2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I see what you're saying tjendra, I don't believe this can accurately be setup then, but will need to check into the IB commission structure and run some tests on my end.

Comment

I see what you're saying tjendra, I don't believe this can accurately be setup then, but will need to check into the IB commission structure and run some tests on my end.
                      Thanks Bertrand, please keep me posted.

Comment

Took a look and the model is unfortunately not accurately representable with the commission options - I would suggest entering an avg commission you pay for a 100K lot, this way I got correct numbers when comparing to the TWS...2.9 per side for 100K's.

Comment

Took a look and the model is unfortunately not accurately representable with the commission options - I would suggest entering an avg commission you pay for a 100K lot, this way I got correct numbers when comparing to the TWS...2.9 per side for 100K's.
                          So how should I set it to be 2.9 per side for 100k in NT?
                          Would I have to set it to 2.9/100,000 as the commission/units?

Comment

Just using a min. commission of 2.90 for the EURUSD master symbol under the IB entry.

Comment

Just using a min. commission of 2.90 for the EURUSD master symbol under the IB entry.
                              It didn't work, I get commissions like $400000 or $800000 when the PNL is calculated. Also, if I use min. commission of $2.90, if I trade something like 200k, wouldn't the commission still be $2.90 instead of $5.80?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post helpwanted  
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo