Problems With Range Bar Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems With Range Bar Charts

I'm hoping NT will address these problems in the next release. I have NT on an inspiron 1501 laptop with 2gb of memory. I use range bars to trade and like to have a chart with at least 15 days of bars. The main problem is that when opening the platform each morning often there will be gaps in data so I'll have to reload the historical data. This can often take several minutes...today, I'm still sitting waiting for the "loading data" dialog box go away and it's been at least 10 minutes. On occasion the program will simply crash. I don't have any other programs running and keep my computer in tip top shape. Please help!

Hello maxreturn,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Which data provider are you using with NinjaTrader?

2.) Are you using only the 15 days back in your charts or more?

3.) How many charts are you reloading historical data for?

4.) Per the crashes:
    Please send us a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com when crashes occur so that we may investigate. If the crash has occurred recently and no steps to resolve the issue were taken, please send that note now.

In the note, please include your trace file from the date the crash occurred.
    You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello maxreturn,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Which data provider are you using with NinjaTrader?

2.) Are you using only the 15 days back in your charts or more?

3.) How many charts are you reloading historical data for?

4.) Per the crashes:
      Please send us a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com when crashes occur so that we may investigate. If the crash has occurred recently and no steps to resolve the issue were taken, please send that note now.

In the note, please include your trace file from the date the crash occurred.
      You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
      Hello Kyle. My data provider is Zen Fire. My current workspace consists of a 60 minute chart with 30 days of data (never have a problem with this) and a 12 range chart with 15 days of data. It is ONLY this chart that I frequently have to reload historical data. It is now been over a half hour and the chart still hasn't refreshed. The "loading data" dialog box is still open. ARGH!

Comment

Hi maxreturn,

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like the data download froze when reloading the tick data.
        Please restart NinjaTrader, reconnect and see if the historical data download will now complete.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi maxreturn,

It sounds like the data download froze when reloading the tick data.
          Please restart NinjaTrader, reconnect and see if the historical data download will now complete.
          Ok, I'll do that Kyle. But I'm wondering if this is a prevalent problem among other users? And if so, will it be resolved in future releases? Or does this occur due to an inadequate configuration on my end?

Regards
          Chuck

Comment

Hi maxreturn,

We see a higher instance of this for Zen-Fire users. This is because Zen-Fire provides unfiltered tick data. When you're requesting 15 days worth of this unfiltered data, it amounts to a fairly large request. Sometimes, the request will not complete but likewise, no error will be thrown.

This is what we are seeing on your end. The best work-around available at this time is to restart NinjaTrader and send out the request again. Typically, upon sending the request again, the historical data finishes loading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes