Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help!!: NinjaTrader/Gain - Missing Data

Hi,

I use NinjaTrader with the Gain data feed to monitor my spot forex charts.

Periodically, I'll open the charts and the last x number of hours of data is missing.

It doesn't happen very often...not even every week. However, it's still a nuisance. Plus, reloading NinjaTrader will not solve the problem...I just have to live with it.

I've attached two images...the first of the Ninja chart with the missing data, then another chart showing the data that is missing.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Cory
    Attached Files

Re: Please Help!!: NinjaTrader/Gain - Missing Data

After resetting my computer a couple times, this is the best I could get it.

It's "better" for trading since the most recent price action is visible, but it's still missing about 12 hours of data from a while back...
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Please Help!!: NinjaTrader/Gain - Missing Data

I have tried to repair the database: tools - Options - Misc - Repair database.

No success.

Comment

Hi Cory2679,

Thank you for your post.

This occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to access the historical server. Can you please disconnect NinjaTrader and reset your internet modem and router. Please see if after reconnecting you are able to access the historical from a chart by right clicking and selecting Reload Historical Data.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          ...Can you please disconnect NinjaTrader and reset your internet modem and router. Please see if after reconnecting you are able to access the historical from a chart by right clicking and selecting Reload Historical Data.
          Unfortunately, no success.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please check any firewalls and antivirus software. I would recommend rebooting your PC as well, prior to disabling any firewalls and antivirus software, and then reconnecting to GAIN.

Comment

Can you please check any firewalls and antivirus software. I would recommend rebooting your PC as well, prior to disabling any firewalls and antivirus software, and then reconnecting to GAIN.
              I rebooted my computer, turned my firewall and virus protection off, rebooted again, checked to make sure that the firewall and virus protection were still "off," reconnected to gain, and still no success.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please connect directly to your modem, and bypass the router and see if you are then able to access the historical data server. I would recommend rebooting your PC after taking the router out so that you then get internet directly from the modem.

Comment

Can you please connect directly to your modem, and bypass the router and see if you are then able to access the historical data server. I would recommend rebooting your PC after taking the router out so that you then get internet directly from the modem.
                  I'm already connected directly to my modem.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please go to Tools-->Account Connections and highlight the GAIN connection and then hit Change. When going through the Account Connection Setup Wizard can you please make sure you are using NinjaTrader servers for historical data.

Comment

...please make sure you are using NinjaTrader servers for historical data.
                      I checked, and I am.

Comment

Just to illustrate that it's still doing it...

Here's an image of a 5 minute chart that shows a gap from the time when I last rebooted my computer...

But like I said...IT IS RARE THAT THIS HAPPENS...it's something about today...I haven't experienced this in probably weeks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I understand the issue, and it is a matter of the historical data server being blocked. This can be caused by a router, firewall, antivirus, an intemperate internet connection. Or another program is blocking access to port 31654, which is the port for historical data access from the NinjaTrader servers.

I am unable to specifically state what the loss of the historical data server is caused by in particular, and I would recommend since we have looked at the internet, firewalls and antivirus program then you will wan to check other programs.

I am unable to provide any more specifics as I am unsure of what particular item is preventing access. Sometimes rebooting, even though you have already done so, does the trick.

Comment

All right, well I appreciate the help!

-Cory

Comment

Well, I believe I may have resolved the problem.

I got this advice:

"Hey Cory, Don't Panic.

All you need to do is right-click on the chart and "Reload Historical Data" [or press Ctrl+Shift+R].

Be warned that the exact time when this problem occurs, the Reloading option will be greyed. Just wait an hour, restart Ninja, and it should be available. "

Well, as of this morning, the gap was still on my chart from yesterday's missing data, so I clicked "reload historical data" and the gap's gone!!

I do remember the option being greyed...I didn't realize you could wait and later it would be available.

-Cory

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes