X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking help with Harry's Pivots, Prior, and Current Day OHLC for Sessions

G'Day All,

Greetings and best wishes.

Rookie here seeking help/insight/directions on loading up Harry's indicators on my 2 and 4 Range ZN, ZB, 6E, 6B, ES and TF charts.

Harry's Indicators found here:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&pp=15&page=10

Anyone?

Thanks and warm regards.

Hello Ferg,

Thank you, best wishes to you too.

Please see the instructions at the link below to import new NinjaScript files.

Once they imported successful, please create a chart and open up the Indicator menu. Check if you see them listed and apply them to your chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      That part I already know and have done. I am not sure of Harry's pivot names, etc and the various settings that can be modified within the indicator.

Harry??

Thanks

Comment

Hi Ferg,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the names or settings for those particular indicators.

Any imported indicators would show in the list of available indicators in a chart if you right click on the chart and then select Indicators. Once you highlight the indicator and hit the 'New' button you can edit the parameters.

For specific questions regarding the imported indicators I would refer you to the programmer for more information.

If these are downloaded off the support forum please let us know which particular indicators you are curious about.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Here is the link from this support forum:
          http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&pp=15&page=10

ZenFire's data feed provides unfiltered tick data, thus no previous OHLC so, how can I get NinjaTrader to paint the correct pivots on my range chart or any other interval setting, for that matter?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Ferg,

Thank you for that link.

With the Pivots you can calculate Prior Day open, high and low data from intraday data that Zen-Fire provides. After adding the pivots to the chart please set the PriorDayHLC property to CalcFromIntradayData.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
              So I open a 6E 4 Range chart - Loaded Harry's CMIPivotsDaily_V80 and set the PriorDayHLC property to CalcFromIntradayData and clicked OK and the Chart displayed this message: "For Range and Volume Charts set HLCCalculationMode to "DailyBars"" and does not display any pivots. I go back and set the PriorDayHLC property to DailyBars and it displays pivots but, at this juncture I am unsure as to their validity. How does everyone else get pivots on their Range Charts?

Thanks

Comment

Range charts may produce bars that reach from one into the next session, where the session is defined via indicator panel. This means that the indicator would not catch the correct session close from intraday data, and therefore could calculate false values for the pivots. To avoid this, the indicator will refuse to display pivots on range charts with the setting "CalcFromIntradayData".

Therefore you can only use the indicator for range charts with the setting "DailyBars". If you do not have daily data, you cannot use this indicator to calculate pivots for range charts.

How to test whether the pivots are correct:

The indicator displays high, low and close of the prior session. You can visually check, whether these are correct. You may then assume that pivots are correctly displayed as well.

Comment

Ok Sir. Harry,
                  Thanks much.

Warm Regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Skifree