Interactive Broker - Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Broker - Forex

Starting today, my charts for forex are acting very erratic. The price scale shown on the y axis is not acting correctly. I was using a 1 range bar yesterday. I had the horizontal scale set to 1. That would be 1 pip. I had the NT options set to 1 Pip.

Today, if i try to set the horizontal scale to 1, it appears to be trying to set the horizontal lines to 1/2 pip or less and i have set NT to 1 pip.

The other charts appear to be working ok. It seems to be Forex with IB.

Has IB started to quote in to 1.480000? Something is wrong. When I switch from a 1 range bar to 1 minute, i get the same confusing mess on the y axis.

HeLLLLLLLLP?

Please ensure to be using NT 6.5.1000.14 in connection with TWS release 900.6 as per this guide for IB - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Also, please set your Pip setting to halfPip when working with the IB connection.

Then check the charts.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a similar problem, but the big differers is that my Forex charts goes blank. I haven't been trading for a while so I don´t know when it happened.

I have NT 6.5.1000.14.

Best regards
      Freddie

Comment

Freddie, please check your inbox, just replied to your note sent to support, thanks
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! I have replied.

Best
          Freddie

Comment

Now it works!

After I had flowed your instructions I also restarted my PC. So now all is good.

Thanks a bunch and thanks for you quick answer!
            /Freddie

Comment

Sorry about not getting back. NT is going beserk. Now when I try to load a workgroup, the charts will not display. When I check the data format. The program is defaulting back to 1/1/2009 for the start date. When I manually enter in the correct date, it changes it back to 1/1/2009.

Every chart is doing the same thing.

I repaired the database, no help.

I am going to backup my system and reinstall the program tonight.

Let's just say I am very frustrated.

Comment

By the way, I made sure that my pip setting was correct. The forex charts were still trying to display 1/2 pips.

Something is seriously wrong with my program.

Comment

Hello rtj4201,

Real-time data you receive from IB is timestamped as per your PC clock. It seems your PC clock and/or date is not setup properly.

I suggest to close NinjaTrader and synchronize your PC clock and make sure it is set to the current date.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Restart NinjaTrader and create brand new charts. Check if the issue persists.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You were right about the time. I had a DELL tech come by and work on my laptop. Didn't think time would have been changed.

The Charts will load only on a daily basis. Cannot get an intraday chart.

Comment

You should be able to access historical minute data as well. Note that historical tick data is not supported with IB.

Could you please restart NinjaTrader and check again.

If the issue persists, please tell me what instrument and interval was selected in the chart.

Comment

Ok, restarting seems to have done the trick.

I was so frustrated, that I uninstalled NT and reinstalled it.

Just a question: Over the last few weeks, I have been experimenting with range bars. That is the same as ticks, right? I have been getting more than one day of feed on it. Would that be causing any of my problems?

Comment

Range bars are not the same as tick bars, however they are built from historical tick data.

Range bars will all have the same vertical size. For example, if you select a 4 range interval, all price bars are 4 ticks in vertical size. Once price is outside the range of the current 4 ticks, a new range bar is created.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post alifarahani  
                          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes