Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting Buys & Sells

Hello,
    I'm just starting out with a simple NinjaScript strategy as outlined in the tutorial videos.

I execute a backtest on a built-in strategy, the backtests completes, I go to charts, and see the specific points where the future was bought/sold.

I execute the backtest on my custom strategy and NT successfully completes the backtest. Results are in the two week period 3 trades are made resulting in a $100 loss. However, when I go to the chart, no buy or sell arrows/info is plotted.

How can I show the buy/sell info?

I went back into the custom strategy & made sure all the Plot on Charts = true, but this doesn't help with the buy/sell points.

Thanks!

Crumbs, please make sure Plot executions (after right-clicking on chart -> properties) is set to TextAndMarker.
    Attached Files
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin, thank you for your quick reply. My chart properties are the same as in your attachment, but there is still no writing on the chart.

Comment

Just for verification, there are trades listed under the "Trades" tab of the Strategy Analyzer, correct? And you're trying to view the trades on the chart tab of the SA?

Comment

Yes, there are two trades. A buy at 1/13 at 1:04PM, which was exited at 2:53. I zoomed in at that time and used minute candlesticks to make sure I wasn't missing anything. But no trade execution appears on the chart.

Comment

Crumbs, as you have correctly guessed, the chart is supposed to display all the executions/trades. If you could provide a set of steps that reproduce the situation it would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'd like to test this out on my end.. would it be possible for you to either post the strategy here or to email it to support at ninjatrader dot com attention 'thread 24866'? A few other details I'll need: data provider, instrument you're running the backtest on, backtest start/end dates and session start/end times.

Thank you.

Comment

Greg, I backtested your strategy on a 1 min chart of ES 03-10 and there were two trades that plotted correctly on my chart. There is another way you can try to view the trades: go to trades tab -> right click on a trade -> click chart.

Are there any errors in the logs (right-most tab of Control Center)?

If that doesn't work either I would suggest you try each of these (in order, and try the next one if it doesn't work): restarting NinjaTrader, restarting your computer, reinstall NinjaTrader, reinstall .NET.

Comment

Must be an anomaly on my side. Because every other strategy that I've done plots fine too. Strange.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post NRITV
                by NRITV

Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
                2 responses