Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotes Monitoring Screen

Hi,

Is there a way to have a quote monitoring screen with Ninja? I just want to have a window that shows me the current quote and day change for the major indexes and some sector ETFs? Something similar to radarscreen on TradeStation.

Thank you.

NickF

NickF,

Thank you for your forum post.

The NinjaTrader Market Analyzer is a turbo charged quote sheet that you can use to monitors your very own custom list of ETF's and major indices. To create a new Market Analyzer, please go to Control Center->File->New->Market Analyzer.

This will open up a blank market analyzer, you can add instruments to the Market Analyzer by right clicking in the market analyzer and selecting add instrument.

You mentioned that you wanted to only display the current quote and the day change. You can customize the columns in the Market Analyzer by right clicking on the market analyzer and selecting Columns... This will allow you to remove the default columns and add the NetChange column so that you can display your desired information.

Please click on the link below to access our help guide documentation and instructions on using the Market Analyzer, use the arrows in the top right hand corner to step through the help guide pages. This link also includes a video!

Lastly, I encourage you to attend our free Market Analyzer webinars on Fridays and the next training session will be held on Jan.29th. Click here to attend:

Comment

Perfect. That's what I was looking for. Thank you Brett.

Comment

Brett,
        2 quick questions:
        1- I wasn't able to find the symbols for the etf's I was looking for (XLI, XLF, XLP, XLE). Do you know how I can find that and other sybols not included on the lists?
        2- What if I'm looking for an index, say the dow, what's the symbol? I'm not looking for the futures on the index, but the index itself which is non tradable.

I'm using a trial free version with Zen fire on a simulated account.
        Thanks again.

NickF

Comment

Hello NickF,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) Most providers offer a product lookup database. I would suggest that you contact your broker/data provider to find out if they have something similar.

2.) Please open the Instrument Manager by clicking Tools > Instrument Manager.
          In the instrument manager, type a key word in to the Description field, then click search.

I would suggest bracketing your keyword with '*' which is a wild-card character.
          So, if you were searching for the Dow Jones Industrial Average, type *Dow* and click search.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average's specific symbol is DJIA.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
          0 responses