Can't make middle mouse work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't make middle mouse work

I have a microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse 4000. I've tried a lot of combinations, using the Microsoft mouse software to assign stop orders to the middle mouse directly, and also specifically for NinjaTrader without success. Any idea what's wrong? What is the name of the command assigned properly assigned to the middle mouse? I've also toggled the "Middle mouse button is stop market" in the DOM properties between true and false. I need to solve this by tomorrow mornings trading.

Thanks for any tips!

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest updated to the most recent driver, found here - http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...&sku=B2P-00006

Once done, without changing any settings, try submitting an order in SIM mode, and see see which button works.

If the issue persists, here is the contact page for Microsoft Mouse hardware
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Astute support. Thank you. I'll follow through.

Comment

Hmmm... That didn't work. If I select the Microsoft Mouse Intellipoint mouse properties windows "Enable program-specific settings" check box then Settings, which one of the many assignments I can make for the Wheel button might be the one that would work for stop orders?

I loaded the 64 bit intellipoint mouse driver. Do I need the 32 bit driver.

Comment

Hello ProfitPilgrim,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly which settings need to be configured to force this mouse to treat a scroll wheel click as a middle mouse click.

For this, it would be best to contact the manufacturer of your mouse as they should be far more familiar with configuration of this piece of hardware than ourselves.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fixed by removing Microsoft IntelliPoint 7.0 mouse software

It was not enough to remove the software, nor enough press the connect button on the mouse and plugged in USB transmitter at the same time. The only way I could get the middle click to enter stops was to 1)Remove Microsoft IntelliPoint 7.0 mouse software 2) unplug the USB transmitter. 3) Hold the transmitter and mouse close together (6 inches) pointing to each other THEN hold the connect buttons on them down 5 seconds.

Without the software installed the magnification button on my microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse 4000 would no longer work, but at least I could place stops with the center wheel click. Thanks again for the references. I received good support from a phone to Microsoft but they didn't solve it, though they escalated the issue so maybe they will discover what's wrong.

Comment

Great, glad to hear you are up and running!
              TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bill2023  
              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes