Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MachineID problem

Hello all,

We bought 12 workstation (same hardware configuration) for our new traders. Windows 7 installation via WDS, and ninja trader 6.5 installation (manual on all workstations). I can see that 4 workstation have the same machineID and 2 others workstation the same machineID. How can it happen tha tninjatrader find the same machineID on several pc ??

Please contact me so soon as possible..

Thanks a lot.

Frederic

Hello Frederic,

Thank you for your post.

Machine ID is not assigned by NinjaTrader. Rather, Machine ID is assigned by your operating system based on the hardware components that are installed.

As such, you would need to contact your PC's manufacturer or a general IT expert for more information about why these numbers are the same and what steps you would need to take to change this.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the information,

Can you please tell me how you retrieve the machine id from the operating system as per our IT staff information there is no machine id stored within the operating system.

Please note that

all machins have separate SID's, but all machines with identical system is consist of the same hardware (disc, graphics card, motherboard, processor, ram layout) and use the same windows key (as they run against a kms).

now my question: how ninjatrader find the machineID cause if I let some tools like pstools (psgetsID) to run then i can see that all ID are different.

Please help me to understand.

Frederic

Comment

Hello Frederic,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, this is beyond the scope of support we are able to offer. As I mentioned, you would need to contact a general IT expert for more information about how Machine ID is assigned and what you can do to change a machine's ID.

Comment

hmm i think you do not understand my problem. all machines have different ID. I checked it myself but ninjatrader says it is the same ID. I do not know if it is beyond the support you offer, but it will be nice if someone from your company can contact me and to care about the problem.
          the fact that the machins have different ID but ninjatrader find the same ID, IT expert will not help me, but for sure send me to you.

It never happens that ninjatrader find the same Id for differnet machines? solution?

Frederic

Comment

NinjaTrader finds the same Machine ID for many machines and that is why they are changing the way vendors will license indicators with NT7. Keep asking.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hi Frederic,

Yes, I do understand the issue: Multiple PC's have the same Machine ID, making it impossible to appropriately license your third party indicators.

Again, Machine ID is not assigned by NinjaTrader. Machine ID is assigned by the operating system itself based on the hardware components that are installed.

There is no setting within NinjaTrader that we can change that will result in a change in Machine ID. It is likely, you will need to modify your hardware components to cause the change to Machine ID. This is why I suggest that you consult with a IT professional for more information.

Comment

Yes, I do understand the issue: Multiple PC's have the same Machine ID: WRONG: ID ARE DIFFERENT, i checked it myself

Machine ID is assigned by the operating system itself based on the hardware components that are installed:
                fine, and why on different machineID, ninja trader find the same machineID ??

eDanny, thanks for your answer, but i do not have ninjatrader 7. IF ninjatrader is something that we can use now, i mean stabile and will repair the problem tha tI have, this mean the problem in ninja 6.5 ?

Regards,
                Frederic

Comment

Hi Fredric,

1.) You mentioned earlier that the System ID's were different. This is different than Machine ID.

2.) " fine, and why on different machineID, ninja trader find the same machineID ??"
                  Again, Machine ID is not assigned by NinjaTrader.
                  You will need to consult with a IT professional to find the answer to this question.
                  Perhaps the components share similar serial numbers or other factors that are resulting in this.

Comment

Just Google it

Your IT guy, if he has hardware experience should be able to advice you.

Carlos
                    Last edited by CarlosAlberto; 01-21-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosAlberto View Post
                      http://www.mathworks.com/support/sol...1PI/index.html

Your IT guy, if he has hardware experience should be able to advice you.

Carlos
                      These links have nothing to do with the kind of Machine ID NinjaTrader reads, imo.
                      eDanny
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hi eDanny,

That is correct, Host ID and Machine ID are separate items so this doesn't really apply in this case.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                        24 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post spwizard  
                        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes