Ninja + IB good combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja + IB good combo!

Today I was massively short in the DAX when an electrical short in the street cancelled electricty for 15 minutes."(No joke , just happened 10 minutes ago.
    In the meantime I switched on backup Laptop + mobile phone internet link .

Loaded my 2 IB accounts and loaded NinjaTrader.
    It took only few minutes to find out that
    1. the market was in favour of my positions
    2. the stops set with NinjaTrader were still active in IB.

(I use simple stops and no OCO brackets for that reason: simple stops are more liekly on the server than complex stops)

So the combo Ninja + IB works fine.

Good work NinjaTeam

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the post, and thank you for the great comments and insight. Have a great day, and good luck!
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Help with IB+Ninja Trader

Hi

i want your help.I am a new user of ninja trader and i have with interactivebroker an account.So i would like to ask you some things

As you Know the interactive broker charge fee for data.i want to connect the IB with the NT(Ninja Trader).Do you know if i must pay something else except the IB.Can i watch stock except from futures from the NT.If i open the NT in order to place an order i must first open the IB?if i close the IB the chart from NT will not be novated,Will be stoped.IF all the previus are true do you know a data feed provider how works with NT and did not need to have the Platform everytime open?

Regards
      Atoniadis Nikos
      Ioannina-Greece

Comment

Hello Atoniadis,

Thank you for your post.

1. If you wish to trade live with NinjaTrader there is a cost for the Live Edition License purchase.

2. NinjaTrader supports any instrument that your data provider offers, so if they have stock data then you can view that data in NinjaTrader.

3. If you close the IB TWS platform then NinjaTrader will no longer be connected and receive real time data. So to receive data from IB you must have their platform open.

For other providers please review the following link. Some may require a standalone application, like IB, but most do not.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a follow-up question on this.

TWS API natively supports OCO orders. They also have other fields to ensure that overfill protection is active or not etc.

Does NT use the native TWS API for OCO or does it simulate and send the order when the price hits one of the targets?

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Please take a look at the following link that provides information where orders reside.
            Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Interactive Brokers
            Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on IB's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
            OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.

Once your entry order is filled, your ATM strategy is triggered and will submit its stop loss and profit target. Once they receive an 'Accepted' or 'Working' status, they reside at the exchange or IB's servers. OCO functionality is supported on their servers as well.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there,

I have an ups power supply installed that is between my computer, monitors and router. Maybe this is something you need to get, its only something like €120,- and you can safely close your position or trade on (depends on how big the UPS power supply is) it payed off for me within 1 month

Originally posted by zweistein View Post
              Today I was massively short in the DAX when an electrical short in the street cancelled electricty for 15 minutes."(No joke , just happened 10 minutes ago.
              In the meantime I switched on backup Laptop + mobile phone internet link .

Loaded my 2 IB accounts and loaded NinjaTrader.
              It took only few minutes to find out that
              1. the market was in favour of my positions
              2. the stops set with NinjaTrader were still active in IB.

(I use simple stops and no OCO brackets for that reason: simple stops are more liekly on the server than complex stops)

So the combo Ninja + IB works fine.

Good work NinjaTeam

Andreas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post chbruno