Ninja 6.5 can't handle ES .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja 6.5 can't handle ES .

When we had the run to the down side this morning , all it took to freeze up
    NT completely was trying to edit a horizontal line . I have one Marker Profile
    chart up , one GomCD chart and 5 other ES charts . I've set what I think I
    could to "Update on Bar Close " ,but I'm running out of idea's to lessen the
    chance that it will happen again . My PC is a dual core ,so that is about as
    good as I think I can do at the moment . If I'd been on the wrong side , NT
    would cost me a lot of money .......

Hello T2020,

If you experience unresponsiveness or freezing of the software, please reduce data/resource request to avoid it.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello T2020,

If you experience unresponsiveness or freezing of the software, please reduce data/resource request to avoid it.

More tips can be found at the following link.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...anceTips1.html
      Not sure what you mean by data /resource request . Other than the charts
      I mentioned before ,that's all I have open . No Dom ,No other groups , no
      nothing . I've put 90% of my indicators on " update on bar close ", Reinstalled
      NT by Removing it first . I don't have this problem with other instruments ,but
      there volume is dramatically lower . They also make most of there moves over
      night ,which is what I'm trying to get away form .

Comment

Hello T2020,

The total data request refers to how many windows you have opened that request data. Resource request would indicate indicator calculations.
        Yes, market volatility/liquidity is related as well. If one instrument has much more volume, it will take more resources when having an instrument selected that has less volume.

Please note that NinjaTrader 7 will be improved in this regard. Please see the link below for more information.

General Application Performance
        This is an area that we spent a lot of time on during the development of NinjaTrader 7. We re-wrote core sections of the application to be more efficient in terms of memory usage and CPU utilization.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello T2020,

The total data request refers to how many windows you have opened that request data. Resource request would indicate indicator calculations.
          Yes, market volatility/liquidity is related as well. If one instrument has much more volume, it will take more resources when having an instrument selected that has less volume.

Please note that NinjaTrader 7 will be improved in this regard. Please see the link below for more information.

General Application Performance
          This is an area that we spent a lot of time on during the development of NinjaTrader 7. We re-wrote core sections of the application to be more efficient in terms of memory usage and CPU utilization.
          OK , thanks Jason . I've set my charts back to a different instrument . There is no way I would risk a trade on the ES ,the way NT reacts on my
          machine . It's all in the volume difference . The ES can easily have 1500
          contracts on the bid or ask side every second ,where as the other instrument I look at might have 30 or 40 contracts during the same time
          period . In this case liquidity in not a blessing . thanks again .

Comment

I was having a similar problem and finally determined that one of my custom indicators was causing the issues. As soon as I deleted that indicator from my charts, I could open as many ES charts as I wanted and there were no more performance issues.

When I added the indicator back again, after about an hour, my charts would start dragging and freezing again. Not sure why the indicator caused the problems, but it did. If you have any third party or custom indicators, you might remove them and see if it corrects your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mccullek View Post
              I was having a similar problem and finally determined that one of my custom indicators was causing the issues. As soon as I deleted that indicator from my charts, I could open as many ES charts as I wanted and there were no more performance issues.

When I added the indicator back again, after about an hour, my charts would start dragging and freezing again. Not sure why the indicator caused the problems, but it did. If you have any third party or custom indicators, you might remove them and see if it corrects your problem.
              Can I ask which one was that? you can pm if you don't want to post it on the thread.

Thanks.

Comment

The one that was giving me a problem was Square of 9, but if you have any others you are using that did not come as stock with NT, then you should remove them and see if they are causing your issues.

Comment

T2020 get your broker's trading emergency phone number, you'll be able to go flat in less then a minute next time something similar happens

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post poeds